• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bin Laden assasins eliminated

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Response to 9/11 should have finely been targetted against the terrorists in my view, they should have done what they eventually did a couple of months ago in Pakistan. Violating some territorial integrities with attacks on terrorist HQs and training camps was necessary and probably justifiable but not full scale invasions which inevitably killed a lot of innocent people. Invasion of Germany made sense as that was where the German war machine was rooted but Al Quaida can up sticks and go, or grow, anywhere it likes.

What sheer nonsense to think any ocupation can radically change a country in a few years, it takes generations. There is nothing about the chaos and lack of success in Iraq and Afghanistan since the invasions that wasn't bleeding obvious beforehand. They will still be unstable or tribal in fifty years.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      If I blown up 3000 people like it happened on 9/11 and accepted responsibility for it then I'd expect the superpower would come after me.

It would have been a direct consequence of my actions, so nothing to complain about.
      To be fair that's a pretty tulipe argument.

If the bloke who lived three streets away from you in your bedsit in Birmingham carried out a terrorist attack you'd be pretty hacked off if all of a sudden said super power flattened the whole of Birmingham with so called 'smart weapons' killing your friends, family an workers while in the meantime the fella who carried it out had pissed off to Manchester.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Agree with MF. I would certainly be dead against any country that attacked the UK and their motives would make no difference.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          If the bloke who lived three streets away from you in your bedsit in Birmingham carried out a terrorist attack you'd be pretty hacked off if all of a sudden said super power flattened the whole of Birmingham with so called 'smart weapons' killing your friends, family an workers while in the meantime the fella who carried it out had pissed off to Manchester.
          Smart bombs are pretty expensive and used when it is not possible to get those guys otherwise - right now Birmingham is under reasonable control and if some crazy blown up some targets then normal police can get him.

If on the other hand Birmingham was armed and resisted extraction of perpetrator then anybody who lives there would be in the war zone and would have to fully accept risk of being next to the bad guys.

Land invasion in my view was unnecessary, better keep constant air power and targeted special forces raids.

Comment

Smart bombs are pretty expensive and used when it is not possible to get those guys otherwise - right now Birmingham is under reasonable control and if some crazy blown up some targets then normal police can get him.

If on the other hand Birmingham was armed and resisted extraction of perpetrator then anybody who lives there would be in the war zone and would have to fully accept risk of being next to the bad guys.

Land invasion in my view was unnecessary, better keep constant air power and targeted special forces raids.

If the U.S's own intelligence agency failed to link him to 9/11, how did you conclude he was the 'bad guy'? The reality is, they invaded an impoverished nation, killed scores of innocents (continues til this day) whilst risking the death of it's own servicemen based on the endless stream of drivel disseminated from the likes of Fox News and CNN. We are living in a deceptive age.

Look at the hard evidence presented by leading architects, engineers, intelligence and military chiefs. It's certainly not pointing towards Afghanistan. So in your polarised world view, the need for evidence is of no value before committing yourself to an arial assault on innocents (until proven guilty).

O you who believe, if a wicked person brings any news to you, you shall first investigate, lest you commit injustice towards some people, out of ignorance, then become sorry and remorseful for what you have done. [Quran 49:6]

Comment

Originally posted by EC4N View Post
              If the U.S's own intelligence agency failed to link him to 9/11
              Where you got this tulip from? He was on FBI most wanted list from start.

Naturally he did not leave finger prints at the scene, but he did enough public work to warrant death sentence: I don't think documents were found with Hitler's signature about "final solution", yet he bears full responsibility for it due to his public speeches as well as other decisions that made it happen, same is with bin Laden, he got way too quick death that he deserved.

Comment

If I blown up 3000 people like it happened on 9/11 and accepted responsibility for it then I'd expect the superpower would come after me.

It would have been a direct consequence of my actions, so nothing to complain about.
                Yes, as someone said, only the terrorists, if you believe that yarn.

It's like calling all English people gun toting maniacs because of raul moat and deciding to kill any white male or any taxi driver in the entire UK.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  US sources say the special forces were from the Navy Seal unit which killed Osama Bin Laden, but are "unlikely" to be the same personnel.
                  It seems improbable that the NSWDG only has thirty members, so it's hardly "the entire SEAL unit".
                  120 in the papers. Team 6. So you can assume that another 5 at 120 each min.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                    Yes, as someone said, only the terrorists, if you believe that yarn.
                    Before Bin Laden raid was conducted it was debated whether the whole place should be bombed with like 32 tons of TNT, the decision went against and that saved lots of people - nice surgical strike that got the main target and left some people alive (his wifes), what more do you want?

Comment

Originally posted by wim121 View Post
                      £16k for a UK employed job, for an unskilled youth, is an excellent rate.
                      No it isn't. It's OK, if they include full board but do they?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X