• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Climate scientists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    I always figured err on the side of caution. There's strong evidence to support climate change caused by man-made activities. There should be room for debate as to how much, without shouting them down as loonies.

But I think I'd rather be cautious and wrong, than carefree and wrong - the implications are so much bigger one way than the other.

And it doesn't help the climate sceptic cause that the people who are so vociferous about it, tend to be the same people who deny evolution (At least in America anyway)
    I think you are wrong here. Most sceptics accept that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and that mankind has increased the amount of CO2.

It's the policies that are proposed that are mad. Building new houses on stilts because of a wonky model ? crazy

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I'm going to work on my Plan D (A,B and C already having been outsourced).
      FTFY

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
        I think you are wrong here. Most sceptics accept that CO2 is a greenhouse gas, and that mankind has increased the amount of CO2.

It's the policies that are proposed that are mad. Building new houses on stilts because of a wonky model ? crazy

What, wrong to be cautious? Maybe, I accepted that I could be - but I'd rather be wrong being cautious than vice versa, as I stated.

Houses on stilts - that's a new one, who proposed that?
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

What, wrong to be cautious? Maybe, I accepted that I could be - but I'd rather be wrong being cautious than vice versa, as I stated.

wrong because most sceptics accept the greenhouse theory
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)

Comment

wrong because most sceptics accept the greenhouse theory
            I didn't say they didn't.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

If you want to be cautious and adopt the precautionary pricnciple, house on stilts is a good idea. no ?

or maybe its going a teeny bit OTT ?

sick to death

Last edited by EternalOptimist; 29 July 2011, 09:31.
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)

Comment

If you want to be cautious and adopt the precautionary pricnciple, house on stilts is a good idea. no ?

madness

There's a bell curve with every opinion, that's at the far end I suspect.

Comment

madness

I almost built my house on stilts for the very reason you mentioned but then thought "what if there is a nuclear war after all?". So I built it underground and avoided the sea level problem by building the entrance 30 meters up (there is a ramp up to the front door).
                  Of course 2 days after moving my neighbour started asking me what earthquake proofing I'd had installed
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke
                    I'll reserve judgement on the Spencer and Bradwell paper, noting only a recent history of 'last nail in the coffin of AGW' press releases about papers that turn out not to even dent the concensus.

Spencer's track record however certainly does not inspire confidence.
                    The coffin is now firmly in the grave, under 2 foot of dirt.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

There are even weeds growing round the AGW gravestone.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X