• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

University degrees that will get your kids a job and those that probably won't

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Going to a private school isn't good enough it needs to be a "Public" school otherwise he won't make the right contacts.

He also needs to play the correct sports to further increase his circle.
    Indeed.

And he needs to fag for the right boys.

Comment

Going to a private school isn't good enough it needs to be a "Public" school otherwise he won't make the right contacts.

That is what I meant.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

He also needs to play the correct sports to further increase his circle.
        Well that's him royally fooked unless Mrs sg is Kelly Holmes, for with 23 of Monsieur Weedy Pigeon's chromosomes aboard he is unlikely to play the "correct sports" unless playing with yourself comes into vogue.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          And he needs to fag for the right boys.
          Will this help to increase his circle also?
          "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
            It should stretch his "potential" somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
              Never did sasguru snr much harm. He can still talk out of his arse!!
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I would probably tell kids not to bother with the degree now, they are becoming wastes of money. I did a 5 year degree so I would be hit with a 45 grand debt for tuition fees if I did mechanical in England, stick on maybe 20 grand of personal debt and you are on a run chase into your 30s trying to pay that off.
                It may be worth forking out the Oxbridge degree, and all the connections it brings, but any youngster who really wants a degree should be looking at doing it abroad. Save a fortune in tuition fees, and they'll have the best chance to get really fluent in a foreign language even though many courses are available in English

British students are learning that it pays to take their degree abroad | Education | The Observer

"We love David Cameron," he joked, "His policies are doing a great thing for European integration!"
                Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
                  It may be worth forking out the Oxbridge degree, and all the connections it brings, but any youngster who really wants a degree should be looking at doing it abroad. Save a fortune in tuition fees, and they'll have the best chance to get really fluent in a foreign language even though many courses are available in English

British students are learning that it pays to take their degree abroad | Education | The Observer
                  My wife expects and dreads one of the twins going to Aberdeen and the other to Exeter. Now I can suggest one in Dublin and the other to Berlin.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

i worked for a national company and they used to send directors back to the floor for a day to see what life was like at the Tulip end of the stick, we had a director come down to our location one day and we got talking to him and he told us he had a degree in TIN MINING

so just goes to prove you you can get to the top in any profession with any Tulip degree

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                      i worked for a national company and they used to send directors back to the floor for a day to see what life was like at the Tulip end of the stick, we had a director come down to our location one day and we got talking to him and he told us he had a degree in TIN MINING

so just goes to prove you you can get to the top in any profession with any Tulip degree
                      Is Tin Mining an engineering degree?

Some rigorous degrees have stupid names as I remember a few people at UMIST studying degrees with such names but they were actually engineering degrees targeted at the specific industries who sponsored them.r
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X