• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why, why, why would you tick the publicity box?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    You're a real smoothy
    Stick him in the blender.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
      If I was married to someone as photogenic as that, I'd go public in the hope she gets kidnapped .... it would save me an £80.5m divorce.
      They're both fat. But one thing that struck me is that they (especially he) looks younger than his reported 64 years. I guess the fat smooths out the wrinkles. Think they're fairly well matched looks-wise and sounded like a nice couple when I heard them interviewed on the telly. Good luck to them.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        They're both fat. But one thing that struck me is that they (especially he) looks younger than his reported 64 years. I guess the fat smooths out the wrinkles. Think they're fairly well matched looks-wise and sounded like a nice couple when I heard them interviewed on the telly. Good luck to them.
        They did come across as a nice couple. My first thought for them was that personally I wouldn't go public in case some lunatic attempted to kidnap me or the wife and hold one of us ransom, my second thought was I'm going to need a car with a bigger boot.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Will they spend the money on improving there health?

If they have sense they will, even if it is a million bucks a piece that is still small change in order to being able to live a better quality of life.

Nowhere near as bad as them but if I had won, first things on my list would be to hire for a year:
          Dietian
          Chef
          Fitness instructor

Also put the whole family through a thorough medical and get sorted any of those issues out.

Next:
          Where to move to because you are going to have so many low life (banks at the top of the list) trying to take that money off you it would be untrue. Monaco has to be high on the list, certainly an improved weather climate.

However I would never tick or agree to that publicity box, that is just plain stupid.

Comment

The husband said he'd had a glass of white wine to celebrate, and he normally only drinks one at Christmas.

I think it's safe to assume that £160 million will last them both a very, very long time.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

"They suggested they will keep their £200,000 ‘nice wee house’ with three bedrooms as their main home – and Mr Weir even said he could see no reason to replace their cars, two bargain-priced Suzukis five and three years old.
              ‘I don’t think we’ll be immediately swapping cars,’ he said. ‘If you’ve got reliable cars, what’s the point?’"

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
                "They suggested they will keep their £200,000 ‘nice wee house’ with three bedrooms as their main home – and Mr Weir even said he could see no reason to replace their cars, two bargain-priced Suzukis five and three years old.
                ‘I don’t think we’ll be immediately swapping cars,’ he said. ‘If you’ve got reliable cars, what’s the point?’"

She chipped in quite quickly - "I will be swapping cars." Good on her!

Comment

She chipped in quite quickly - "I will be swapping cars." Good on her!
                  Probably going to upgrade to a 1 year old Suzuki.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    The husband said he'd had a glass of white wine to celebrate, and he normally only drinks one at Christmas.

I think it's safe to assume that £160 million will last them both a very, very long time.
                    This has, died penniless, alone and an alcoholic written all over it in 5 years.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      This has, died penniless, alone and an alcoholic written all over it in 5 years.

That'd be some burn rate (over 2.6mil a month) but what a way to go. A real life Brewster's Millions.

I expect he's going to learn the value of money pretty soon. Once all those super-fit gold diggers track him down. I expect Imogen Thomas is relocating as we type.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X