• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Silverstone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't follow F1. I don't follow this thread as it's full of F1 nuts. Is there a breakdown I can follow?

a) Who was killed?
    b) Who did cool stuff?
    c? Who did schtoopid stuff?
    d? Who won?

Also a glossary of terms would be lovely.

TIA

Suity
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I don't follow F1. I don't follow this thread as it's full of F1 nuts. Is there a breakdown I can follow?

a) Who was killed?
      b) Who did cool stuff?
      d? Who won?

TIA

Suity
      A) Ayrton Senna
      B)James Hunt/ Stirling Moss/Nigel Mansell
      C)Michael Schumacher
      D) James Hunt

Glossary:

Vrrooooooooooooooooooooom
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

a) Who was killed?
        b) Who did cool stuff?
        d? Who won?

TIA

Suity
        a) nobody
        b) lots of blokes
        c) the McLaren pit crew
        d) Fernando Alonso (a rich Spanish bloke driving a Ferrari)

Tyre - that round rubber-coated thing wot goes on a wheel
        KERS - a bit like a kerb except it's a battery and flywheel and is fitted to your car
        Button - something to help you keep your trousers up
        Schumacher - a euphemism for an accident that wasn't your fault
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
          Fair enough - but last year he gave the impression that both he, and RBR were fundamentally against team orders.
          Maybe they still are. They also hate KERS... but they make damn sure to try and utilise it while complaining it should be removed. Grudgingly using a rule you don't like - and he didn't seem very comfortable about it - is different from someone else doing it when it's banned, AND getting a token penalty only.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
            Intermediate used to be called 'wets' - and 'extreme wets' used for the deeper grooved tyres that are currently called 'wets', but then people got confused which variant of wet tyres being were talking about.

Not sure on the exact wording of the rules, but I think it's based on using 2 different types of tyre - the exception being that using wets/inters throughout is allowed.

I think a driver could use inter's on a bone dry track - and would then only need to use one dry compound. Would be suicidal strategy, but I think it's allowed.
            Just to clarify this, the rule is that in a dry race you have to use a set of primes (hard tyres) and a set of options (softs).

You don't have to use intermediates (or wets) in the dry, in fact you'd be stupid to do so given the reduction in performance and reliability.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Maybe they still are. They also hate KERS... but they make damn sure to try and utilise it while complaining it should be removed. Grudgingly using a rule you don't like - and he didn't seem very comfortable about it - is different from someone else doing it when it's banned, AND getting a token penalty only.
              Indeed, it would be suicide to not use an advantage, whether you like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                Just to clarify this, the rule is that in a dry race you have to use a set of primes (hard tyres) and a set of options (softs).

You don't have to use intermediates (or wets) in the dry, in fact you'd be stupid to do so given the reduction in performance and reliability.
                I think the original question was what constitutes a dry/wet race - as according to the commentators, yesterday's race was never 'declared' as a wet race.

So I wonder if just putting a wet/inter on your car for 1 lap means that you don't need to run both dry compounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
                  <snigger>
                  Can I get good odds on the Anthill Mob now?
                  No doubt you'd be Penelope Pitstop - and here's your car

Compact Pussycat (Wacky Races) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Comment

If only the roads were full of designs that creative, road rage just wouldn't happen.

Has anyone ever thought of racing them as entertainment for kids?
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                      If only the roads were full of designs that creative, road rage just wouldn't happen.

Has anyone ever thought of racing them as entertainment for kids?
                      I thought that's what McLaren were doing this season!

Comment

Working...
                      X