• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can anyone recommend a decent wine club

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Virgin Wines, purely due to the fact that I get 750 virgin air miles per delivery. That contributed to the family traveling Upper Class to Capetown this Easter for free.

Their 'discovery club' is good value and usually pretty good.
    World's Best Martini

Comment

We use the wine society

Or you could just take a wander down to your local Majestic whouse and talk to the boyo who works there. They usually know their stuff.

Comment

"Wine club" ??? It's called an "Off Licence"!

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
          I use Virgin Wines, purely due to the fact that I get 750 virgin air miles per delivery. That contributed to the family traveling Upper Class to Capetown this Easter for free.

Their 'discovery club' is good value and usually pretty good.
          So how many miles was is each for you to fly? Sounds like it might be worth a look.
          And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
            WCPS Said.

I've been using Naked Wines for a couple of years. I'm putting in an order today, and will probably be getting a £40 voucher to pass on. I'll PM you the details it you want.
            WCPS and WNRS

Don't bother with laithwaites or the Sunday times clubs.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
              So how many miles was is each for you to fly? Sounds like it might be worth a look.
              Capetown was a total of 300,000 miles. I like wine.

Seriously, Virgin credit card for all busines travel and costs, buy the wine, look for other offers, rack up 100k miles a year easily. We go Upper Class somwhere nice every 2-3 years. Fantastic. Problem is spending them during school holidays, they don't have many free seats available during hols, and they go quickly. Which is why I had half a million miles burning a hole...
              World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                WCPS and WNRS

Don't bother with laithwaites or the Sunday times clubs.
                Do bother with Laithewaites. Been with them maybe 2 years now. Been given the odd box from other clubs as a gift and it's never been as nice.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've heard good things about the Wine club, and also Berry Brothers & Rudd.

The Wine Society

Fine Wine Shop and Fine Wine Merchant - Berry Bros. and Rudd
                  Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                  X