• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google+

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Anyone got their short url yet from gplus.to?
    I have now. Thanks eek!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      No surprise there, he used to work for Google
      So what? I used to work for Yahoo! but I can still tell the difference between Y!Crap and Y!Cool

Comment

I haven't even joined Facebook yet.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I haven't even joined Facebook yet.
          I haven't either. I have a google+ account because it makes it easier to share links with others but that's it and the gplus account because I like having a consistent online name and I don't have the correct twitter one.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Is it Google+ that is going to force you to have public profiles soon, with all private profiles being automatically deleted after a certain date?

If so, I can't see how Google will be any better than Facebook for privacy issues and putting the user before their own meglomania plans.

I'm a bit suprised no-ones come up with a browser based p2p alternative that retains control with the user and also provides as much privacy or anonymity as they desire.

These centralised goliath solutions are always going to be open to abuse by the site owners, where they will be tempted to put a price on your private/personal information. So for that reason I'm out.
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Yes, from the 1st August all private profiles will be closed, but there are still ways to protect your privacy
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Yes, from the 1st August all private profiles will be closed, but there are still ways to protect your privacy
                Yes, put fake details on in the first place.

BTW, I haven't checked recently, but if my CUK profile has a birth date entered I guarantee you it won't be the correct one (I never put my correct birth date in anything that allows me not to), so apologies for missing any suprise birthday parties.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

This chap doesn't seem to have got the hang of it yet

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                    Is it a Facebook assasin ?

Will it die like GoogleWave ?
                    Time will tell.

An interesting development on the Skype front, Ballmer may have demonstrated some nous here:

Microsoft's Skype deal was about Facebook

It is starting to look like Microsoft's move to buy Skype was an inspired bit of footwork which gets Vole its feet well and truly under the table of the world's biggest social not-working company, and in an alliance against Google.

Facebook has announced that it has integrated Video Calling with Skype and its CEO Mark Zuckerberg admitted that what clinched the deal was that Microsoft now owned the company.
                    The social networking wars hot up...
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X