• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So a new contractor just fell asleep at his desk...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its not snoozing, its a power nap.

I oftens pop out to the car at lunchtimes and have a half an hour napping, its surprising how refreshed you feel after such a short time

always worth setting the alarm on your phone, don't want to wake up in a dark empty car park at midnight

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
      always worth setting the alarm on your phone, don't want to wake up in a dark empty car park at midnight
      ...having missed all the dogging!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        He did it once when we were at a seminar, I had to keep elbowing him to wake up but he'd wake with a jolt so everyone knew he'd fallen asleep
        My old permie manager did that an early .Net release seminar at Microsoft in Reading years ago. Our company was one of a number brought in as "partners" for the launch or some such nonsense.

As his boss was also there, he got his ass handed to him.

Comment

My last permie place used to have long 'results' meetings in the local cinema. Three hours long, completely uninteresting, dead warm in there, comfy chairs = nightmare staying awake !!!!
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            I only ever sleep in the bogs.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I did Jury Service a few years back and on the day we announced our verdict the (scouse) defendant turned up late (had been on the p1ss) and then proceeded to fall asleep in the dock. The judge didn't look kindly on events when he sent the perp down

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                Can't be a proper contractor then.

The experienced contractor will scope out the bogs on day one to find the best sleeping spots.
                Too right. If you went to the loo's in the gym section next to the canteen mid afternoon you couldn't get to sleep for the sound of snoring from the other cubibles!! Ignorant b'stards.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

fell asleep in a 3 hour Cisco presentation luckily I was the only one from my company there.

God they made network QOS boring!

Poor German presenter realised he had lost me when I started snoring. New Kids don't help.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

It also gives me the opportunity of asking how do you stop yourself from dozing in hot, stuffy meetings?
                    Play Bullsh1t bingo that should do it
                    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

I never fall asleep in meetings and never need a "power nap" in the afternoon, I left all that crap behind at kindergarten.

Plenty of time for sleeping when you're dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X