• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So a new contractor just fell asleep at his desk...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My last permie line manager would regularly fall asleep at his desk on a lunch time, thing is it was a big open plan office so everyone noticed
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I see plenty of permie and contractors dozing off in their cars at lunch. It's almost a daily ritual for them - all middle-aged men! You never see us lady's snoozing

Comment

Sometimes you just need that afternoon nap to keep you going.

Comment

This thread deserves a wider audience so duly moved.

It also gives me the opportunity of asking how do you stop yourself from dozing in hot, stuffy meetings?

I've taken the pain route, digging my nails into the palm of my hand or scratch my arm furiously.

I panic that the first time I realise that I've dozed off is when I snore myself awake...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

That's pretty embaressing when you have been there for ages, never mind when you are relatively new, and a contracor as well.

I've had a doze in the car a few times when I've had a heavy night out.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              This thread deserves a wider audience so duly moved.

It also gives me the opportunity of asking how do you stop yourself from dozing in hot, stuffy meetings?

I've taken the pain route, digging my nails into the palm of my hand or scratch my arm furiously.

I panic that the first time I realise that I've dozed off is when I snore myself awake...
              I poke myself with a pen, in the leg. Usually works.

My manager is always falling asleep.

He did it once when we were at a seminar, I had to keep elbowing him to wake up but he'd wake with a jolt so everyone knew he'd fallen asleep
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post

Try using Clinique - Moisture Surge Extra Refreshing Eye Gel It stops that 'glazing over' feeling

Comment

Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
                  I see plenty of permie and contractors dozing off in their cars at lunch. It's almost a daily ritual for them - all middle-aged men! You never see us lady's snoozing
                  I have ..... They often look like this:

I tend to find from observations, that women will get sleepy after being out the night before, some women slurping down more booze than men twice their size. Men seem to have a nap after a large lunch and reading a book.

I try never to sleep at work, as I would probably get caught ... I have felt sleepy many a times though and nearly nodded off at my desk or strangely, in a server room. That's when you know that you're tired, when the constant scream of servers and AC still cant keep you awake fully ...

Comment

I only ever sleep in the bogs.

A newish permie in my team did it twice at his desk and that was the last we saw of him. He was 'released'. I assume they could do that because it was still within the first three months.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X