• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you normally NOT drink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick to Beer & malts really, occasional cider on a hot day. Don't really drink wine now as I think it adds the weight, I find gin pretty stinking.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Pernod!!

Had a real bad experience with it as an 18-year-old. Still can't get a whiff of aniseed without aftershocks.
      WHS, spent a cold night outside a party barfing with poisoning from this stuff, cost me a score as well. Smell still takes me back....

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        But Dave that's all that is left
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          In some German places, they sit the keg on the bar and tap a brass tap into the side of it, thus it's dispensed by gravity.

Definitely not foul muck
          Then it's a cask, not a keg. The contents of a keg (in modern parlance) are dispensed by top pressure.

Comment

Southern Comfort, very unwell from that when I was about 17.

Anything Aniseed flavoured, I've always hated the taste.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Then it's a cask, not a keg. The contents of a keg (in modern parlance) are dispensed by top pressure.
              Actually it's a Fass. As far as I can tell they use the same word for both types here.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                Anything Aniseed flavoured, I've always hated the taste.

and Carling black label.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  For years I said this was a myth, in spite of my blissful ignorance (never stopped me on other topics).

Then I had a pint of the stuff in Ireland (Enis IIRC) and WOW!!!! big difference.
                  In Ireland they can get away with making it with fresh cream, however when exporting Guinness they have to use pasteurised stuff
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Lambs Navy Rum

I can still remember the smell of my puke - Oh dear God, it was woeful.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Rauchbier (the stuff you get in Franken,) some types taste of bacon, disgusting but I still drank enough of it! Apart from that I'll drink nearly anything although I'm not keen on red wine (except in food) or some dark spirits (except in food.) Had Absinth with Champagne the other day, believe I lost the use of my legs for a while
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X