• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you normally NOT drink?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tequila and mescal. I've had the good stuff rather than the crap they flog to students, and the good stuff is also foul muck

Draught Guinness. It bears about as much relationship to stout as Carling Black Label bears to lagers brewed under the German beer purity laws.

Carling Black Label. And its ilk.

In fact, any keg beer, whether pretending to be lager or bitter or stout, and whether CO2 or mixed gas dispense. They are invariably foul muck.

Goat urine - although if the only alternative was those mentioned above...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Draught Guinness. It bears about as much relationship to stout as Carling Black Label bears to lagers brewed under the German beer purity laws.
      Philistine!!!
      You have clearly never tried it in Ireland.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        Philistine!!!
        You have clearly never tried it in Ireland.

For years I said this was a myth, in spite of my blissful ignorance (never stopped me on other topics).

Then I had a pint of the stuff in Ireland (Enis IIRC) and WOW!!!! big difference.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Dog's milk.
          The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            In fact, any keg beer, whether pretending to be lager or bitter or stout, and whether CO2 or mixed gas dispense. They are invariably foul muck.
            In some German places, they sit the keg on the bar and tap a brass tap into the side of it, thus it's dispensed by gravity.

Definitely not foul muck
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              For years I said this was a myth, in spite of my blissful ignorance (never stopped me on other topics).

Then I had a pint of the stuff in Ireland (Enis IIRC) and WOW!!!! big difference.
              Was it in Brogan's?

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

I'm always hearing that. So why don't they sell the same stuff in England?

I think Guinness may have missed a trick there.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Kaliber. I tried it once. Instant hangover.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
                    Dog's milk.
                    But Dave that's all that is left
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

I won't drink nearly any of the beer found on draught in British pubs, it's usually revolting and I'm sure I can taste whatever they clean the pipes with.

I like good beer, wine, and well mixed cocktails especially whiskey based ones. Aside from the occasional scotch or brandy I avoid neat spirits. The smell of tequila makes me nauseous.
                      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                      X