• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having a kip in the car at lunchtimes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
    I really think rooms for power naps are so important, in another bank we used to have a kind of a first aid room where people sneaked in for a nap if they are jet lagged or something.
    The other option is use the prayer rooms/multi- faith room, most big organisations would have one, and in fact any one including meditating Buddhist can use these rooms to meditate.
    Really?? I have worked for some very large organisations and thay did not have anything like a multi faith/sky fairy room!

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
      Really?? I have worked for some very large organisations and thay did not have anything like a multi faith/sky fairy room!
      Been working in Banks for the last 10 years or so, every bank has a multifaith/prayer room for all to use.

Comment

Originally posted by zamzummim View Post
        Been working in Banks for the last 10 years or so, every bank has a multifaith/prayer room for all to use.
        Might be a bank specific thing. No wonder they f*cked up the world economy if they relied on sky fairies

Comment

I drive to woodland car parks for my jogs and frequently see cars/vans parked up with just one bloke sitting there alone. Obviously just resting. Not up to anything else at all.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            Recently I've been very tired in the mornings, purely as a result of an inability to go to bed on time the night before.

As my contract is in a fairly rural location I've just been driving to a layby next to a field at lunchtimes and having a 30-minute snooze on the back seats - I do have to say it perks me up quite well. Haven't YET been caught by the client.

Still it is a little more civilised than my previous contract, where I was kipping in the well of a shower cubical down in the basement, and the floor of a vacant floor of the office building (a bit dusty that one).

Anyone else have any interesting locations for tactical somnolence (power napping)?
            Instead of fixing the symptom why not address the real problem?

If you're tired during the day then do something to up your energy levels. Failing that go to bed at a reasonable time.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              The car deffo. It only really works in the summer though. If I could get a little toiled fitted, it would be perfect

Sorted: Stadium Pal, Portable Urinal, Restroom

Comment

Did work at a company with a sauna and relax room.

No such luck at current client co, but I am just accross the street from a park by the lake so I may think about bringing in a blanket an go for a kip lunchtime.

Not the same as doing it on invoicing time
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post

If you're tired during the day then do something to up your energy levels. Failing that go to bed at a reasonable time.
                  No, no, no! What the hell do you think you're doing? Answering a post with susinct, logical advice?

You haven't even mentioned house prices, the posters "obviously inadequate" vehicle or anything even remotely sexual. Now, I know you're new, but come on, do keep up at the back.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Reading that while looking at your avatar was rather weird.
                    he moral I think is:

Don't smoke in bed!

perhaps it came from his subconscious
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason Boyne View Post

going to bed early and getting a full 8 hours sleep is ideal, but some people have no option, some have babies that would wake them up at night, some have to get up at 4 am to commute etc etc

Comment

Working...
                      X