• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Having a kip in the car at lunchtimes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    WTF has it got to do with the client? You dont get paid for lunchtime do you?

I have a kip nearly every lunchtime on the client's car park. Hasnt stopped me working for them in nearly 5 years on 3 separate contracts.
    "on the client's car park"??
    I bet you work up a few times with tyre tread marks across your back

Comment

Sleeping while awake

Originally posted by CiderEagle View Post
      painting a pair of realistic looking eyes on your eyelids / glasses and then sleeping in meetings.

Everything I learned about life, I learned from Homer Simpson, basically.
      In banks in asia i have seen blokes apparently sleeping in meetings while sitting up straight. Apparently its acceptable and they are not really sleeping but kind of meditating.

I saw this one Thai bloke sitting opposite me and his eyeballs were rolling back like he was high as hell. But as soon as his name was mentioned he was straight "back in the room"

Comment

The Japanese pop into their local coffee shop and sleep with their head on the table.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

I was on a project where one of the contractors used to position himself at the back of the meeting room next to the wall for a snooze during the endless kick-off meetings on a large integration project.

He only lasted a week, was that anyone on here?
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            The Japanese pop into their local coffee shop and sleep with their head on the table.
            Don't they have places, lined with rows of small mattress-filled soundproof pods, where they can just "nip" in for a quick 40 winks?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Call me an unsociable bugger but I'm not one for spending my unpaid lunchtime making polite conversation or talking about work over some dodgy canteen meal.

I like to leave the office for 30 mins or so at least, grab a sarnie, chill in the car, have a kip etc.

Had a bit of a scary experience a few years ago. Was sitting in the car in a quiet corner of big retail park reading paper, eating sarnie.
              Noticed a car had pulled up a few cars down and I glanced over and there was a fella in the drivers seat but there was some sort of bobbing movement there also. Then a young ladies head rose out of his lap.

They both turned and looked at me, not in an annoyed, what you looking at sort of way, but in a weird way. Needless to say I started up the car and drove away. (maybe if I'd been into the dogging thing it would have turned out differently !!!) :-)
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

you guys are nutters

Yep getting your 8 hours sleep per day is more difficult than it seems, but it is actually extremely important to our long term health too - look it up!

I would snooze for about 20 mins in the loo's - not the most pleasant of places to sleep but got the job done.

Comment

Working...
                X