• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A very sad tale

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    I’m also extremely worried about the boyfriend. I think this treatment amounts to child abuse, and she seems unable to control her anger, so she may turn violent.

I’m not sure what I should do. Should I go round and try to talk to the parents? Should I try to see the boyfriend? Should we report it to Social Services? I’m worried that if we try something like that it might make the situation worse.
    I was with you til this point.

Unless you have evidence of actual abuse (which I do not think grounding, deleting facebook account, taking phone off him is), then you're going a bit far suggesting this.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      You also need to face the fact that he has quite likely been boffing your under age daughter, so he and quite possibly your daughter have been breaking the law.

I presume you have taken steps to ensure you aren't about to become a grandparent?
      That's not the case. I'm 100% certain.

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        You also need to face the fact that he has quite likely been boffing your under age daughter, so he and quite possibly your daughter have been breaking the law.

I presume you have taken steps to ensure you aren't about to become a grandparent?
        And all the pictures are on facebook.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I've got two kids with my partner and her dad is still convinced she's a virgin.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I think it's unlikely you know everything the kids get up to.

If, for example, his parents had grounded him for shoplifting or taking drugs, would your daughter tell you the whole truth?

Comment

Originally posted by JamJarST View Post
              There are 3 sides to every story: their side, the mum's side and the truth, ...
              What - every story?

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              I've got two kids with my partner and her dad is still convinced she's a virgin.
              Hi Joseph.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Stay out of it and accept that crying daughters are a rite of teenage passage, his mum probaly want the son to focus on his studies rather than becoming involved

Any parent smart enough to keep their kids off Facebook should be saluted
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
                  I was with you til this point.

Unless you have evidence of actual abuse (which I do not think grounding, deleting facebook account, taking phone off him is), then you're going a bit far suggesting this.
                  There's a bit in this leaflet about emotional abuse, which is what I'm referring to. It's not always just about physical abuse.

Comment

It turns out that the boyfriend’s mother has confiscated his phone, deleted his Facebook account, banned him from using the internet at all, and basically placed him under “house arrest” until September. He is not allowed to see my daughter, nor any of his friends, and is only allowed out of the house to attend his remaining GCSEs.
                    Hmmm sounds like he's been caught doing something very bad (or bragging about it on facebook),

Or his mother is a religious nut.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Hmmm sounds like he's been caught doing something very bad (or bragging about it on facebook),

Or his mother is a religious nut.
                      Stick eBlaster on her PC and see what's been really going on
                      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                      X