• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No Renewal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    They've been hiring at the Halifax for a while, but I've been politely deflecting the agents who've approached me for the roles for several weeks. I'm not interested in working for the banks again, certainly not at this point anyway.
    To be honest I'm not particularly interested but I do fancy getting away from being a code monkey for a while.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They've been hiring at the Halifax for a while, I have been selling the big issue outside their HQ and they usually give me 50p tip (for extras), and they are looking to hire a toilet cleaner, I think im in there.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Not slow enough that they would ever hire a miserable brain dead loser like you. You wouldn't even get through security for an interview wearing your wank/tulip stained dressing gown. I'm sure the wardens are already looking for you, so you better get off the nutters communal computer and get ready for your medication.
        Says the guy who's just been papped out on his arse
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

They've been hiring at the Halifax for a while, but I've been politely deflecting the agents who've approached me for the roles for several weeks. I'm not interested in working for the banks again, certainly not at this point anyway.
          They're throwing out decent rates for test leads/managers at the moment too. Knocked back two offers from them today. Always happens when you're sorted, don't it

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Says the guy who's just been papped out on his arse
            Well, no contractors are being renewed and I had milked thay cow for a long time. Will propbably go a tour around the USA for a month or two, then think about looking for a new contract. I can afford to not work for decades, but I get bored sitting in the house all day

Anyway shouldn't you get back to clicking buttons, or whatever is it is testers do?

HTH BIDI

Comment

Anyway shouldn't you get back to clicking buttons, or whatever is it is testers do?

HTH BIDI
              And you wonder why everyone thinks you're a prick ?

Test managers don't click buttons. They get other people to do that.

They also get rates that you can only dream about.

HTH, BIDI

Comment

Well, no contractors are being renewed and I had milked thay cow for a long time. Will propbably go a tour around the USA for a month or two, then think about looking for a new contract. I can afford to not work for decades, but I get bored sitting in the house all day
                What are you crying about then, you illiterate baffoon?
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Lloyds strategic review could see 15,000 more jobs cut

Also known as reality, something you probably know nothing about.
                  From the article:

Lloyds Banking Group is set to cut a further 15,000 jobs once a strategy review of the bank is published by chief executive Antonio Horta-Osorio at the end of this month.

A spokesman commented that one of the job losses was due to finally tracking down the source of a stale stench of p!ss which has plagued one of the Scottish sites for several months. The spokesman blamed 'inept middle-management' for 3 previous missed opportunities in eradicating the stench but went on to say that lessons had now been learned."

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                    They're throwing out decent rates for rent boys at the moment too. Knocked back two offers from them today. 5 quid a blow, but I held out for 6, got 30 of them eventually

Comment

HTH BIDI
                      So who was your banking client that "isn't renewing contractors" ?

Comment

Working...
                      X