• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mutiny in the Ranks at Microsoft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutiny in the Ranks at Microsoft

Looks like there's widespread dissatisfaction inside Microsoft about the delays in releasing Windows Vista, if this recent discussion is anything to go by.

If some of those guys had their way, Steve Ballmer would have to start calling himself Steve mer

BTW, among the comments is the following, which may interest anyone who likes using open source and seeing .NET code samples:

Take a look at this open source .NET application, written as a college senior project. 3 devs. 100,000 lines:

Paint.net

It works beautifully and it's got a nice 80-85% of Photoshop functionality.
    Last edited by OwlHoot; 29 March 2006, 07:02.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Considering the legal fights M$ have been in for the last few years, I guess, because of the moduler design, that one could unplug the browser, media player, WHY, from the OS and replace them. This upset the lead microsofties greatly so they told them to go back and swap things about in the various DLLs so it becomes a fairly impossible task.

Remember you heard it here first!
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

If it was not for Steve Ballmer those guys would not have had (pretty secure and well paid) jobs.

The matter of fact is that release date of Vista won't affect Microsoft's revenues - they will get pretty much the same payment from OEMs for a pre=installed Windows as they do now, its the hardware manufacturers who are stuffed, but then again, would they rather have OS released with buggy drives that don't work well on their hardware?

Comment

because of the moduler design
        modular
        We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
          Looks like there's widespread dissatisfaction inside Microsoft about the delays in releasing Windows Vista, if this recent discussion is anything to go by.
          <strike>The fun might start when Office 2007 comes out. I've been Beta Testing it and the one thing that seems to be missing is VBA. Can't find it at all.

There is no Tools, Macro option. This leaves just .Net (C# or VB.Net) as the development language

That should slow down take-up in the corporate sector given the investment in macros over the last decade or so.</strike>

Well it seems (and not for the first time ) I'm talking moonshine, still can't find it though.
          Last edited by zathras; 29 March 2006, 08:43.

Comment

I always recommend Microsoft Windows to the competition.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
              BTW, among the comments is the following, which may interest anyone who likes using open source and seeing .NET code samples:

Take a look at this open source .NET application, written as a college senior project. 3 devs. 100,000 lines:

Paint.net

It works beautifully and it's got a nice 80-85% of Photoshop functionality.
              I wish people wouldn't write good software for free. It really doesn't help.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Excel2007 still supports VBA, but you do have to look hard to find where it has been hidden.

Comment

Originally posted by waggle321
                  Excel2007 still supports VBA, but you do have to look hard to find where it has been hidden.
                  Prey tell. Could n't find it.

Very useful for testing as my current project will be a .Net one anyway.

Comment

Alt + F11?

Comment

Working...
                    X