• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mutiny in the Ranks at Microsoft

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cswd
    Btw, hows the Office 2007 beta looking - I can't be arsed to screw my laptop up installing it.
    Mixed.

The reason I signed up to the Beta was to see how my own applications worked and also to see if you could use

VS2005
    VSTO2003
    Office2007

I also wanted to try and call my .Net assembly from VBA in Office 2007.

Current project written in Vb.Net/C# crashes Excel when you leave Excel, but in all other respects did work. Now all of a sudden no add-in seems to be working

I'm going to bit the bullet and re-install everything.

As this is my SKA ( (c) ATw ) I've decided to hold off on the Office 2007 version and develop against 2003. Partly because one of the USP's is that people will be familiar with it's use because it's built around Office. The interface in Office 2007 is sufficiently different to nullify that advantage. Also it means I only have to work on the engine which drives it. Not have to learn how to develop against a Beta version of Office.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
      Take a look at this open source .NET application, written as a college senior project. 3 devs. 100,000 lines:

Paint.net

It works beautifully and it's got a nice 80-85% of Photoshop functionality.
      Thats a really nice program - I installed it yesterday and was able to get some damn good results very quickly
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
      X