• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nudged someones car in tesco car park - now they're claiming they were injured !!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Surely that would be call an ambulance and then the police are compelled to attend

*police will not go to non injury accidents that are on private property i.e. Tesco's car park
    Thats the thing she got out of car - bugger all wrong with her. She even walked over to speak to some coppers who were there getting their sarnies and then came back to me and said shed just been checking with them to get all the info. Then she drove off.

Obviously, got home and her old mans eyes lit up at the thought of a claim....

Just proves how piss easy it is to do and how dishonest some twats are.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      I would check this assumption, it didn't used to. It will make a different to all our premiums in the long run though.

WGAS anyway. It's done, move on. There must be some other new minor going on for you to tell us about. This is old news.
      Funnily enough I did just check and £500 at fault accident has same loading as £5000 at fault with personal injury.

Weird - I thought there was a reason they asked for the amounts?

Oh well, at least its not going to cost me anything but its still annoying that some scrote is walking around with £1000 in their back pocket for no injury at all !!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Thats the thing she got out of car - bugger all wrong with her.
        From personal experience you usually feel whiplash a few hours to 1 day later.

Not that I claimed for it when I last got some. Others did but I only know that because they tried to claim off me and I referred them to the correct party.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

When someone ran into the back of my van, a few days later I had a personal injury firm ring me up and try to get me to make a claim even though there was nothing wrong with me. They didn't quite say "Have some free money" but they might as well have done.

For the avoidance of doubt I told them where to go.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
            When someone ran into the back of my van, a few days later I had a personal injury firm ring me up and try to get me to make a claim even though there was nothing wrong with me. They didn't quite say "Have some free money" but they might as well have done.

For the avoidance of doubt I told them where to go.
            My cousin had a woman driver hit the back of his car at 20 mph. It did damage his back but the insurance company of the woman was the same as his. Therefore , the insurance company did not pay up. The insurance company made him have tests with twenty different doctors until they found one doctor who agreed with the insurance company that the injury could have been historic.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              My cousin had a woman driver hit the back of his car at 20 mph. It did damage his back but the insurance company of the woman was the same as his. Therefore , the insurance company did not pay up. The insurance company made him have tests with twenty different doctors until they found one doctor who agreed with the insurance company that the injury could have been historic.
              Exactly. Genuine people put off because insurance companies know that 90% are piss taking twats.

Comment

You can get whiplash from pretty gentle impacts, and the ability to walk immediately afterwards is not indicative of avoiding injury - but it sounds pretty fishy to me. Oh well, your insurance company are the mugs here.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I got in a taxi a while ago and the driver was having a moan about insurance and these personal injury companies. He'd been speaking to a guy who worked for one. In most cases the insurance companies don't contest the cases. They will hand the customer a hire car and then bill it as a cost as part of the claim. They might get the car for £20 a day but bill it at £100 a day. They will drag their feet in order to maximise their time and increase their fees. He said that it wasn't uncommon for a £1500 payout to the customer to be actuall a bill of over 10k for the insurance company, once all their no win no fees have been taken into account.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    Well, I spoke to her and then I saw her talking to the coppers. Then she came back and said she'd spoken to them about the procedure and they told her to take reg no - which I gave.

Wonder if the coppers will have a record of this chat? If so, they will see that she appeared fine.

I think they were just stopping by to get a sarnie in tescos, so this wasnt really an official chat.
                    Just go to the supermarket and ask for the footage from the car park. and then call the twat up and tell him that you have requested the footage showing his wife wandering round un-harmed chatting to the local police...

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                      Just go to the supermarket and ask for the footage from the car park. and then call the twat up and tell him that you have requested the footage showing his wife wandering round un-harmed chatting to the local police...
                      Or tell him you have that.

I had someone ram into the back of me last year. She came out, apologised, all teary.

Later on that evening her mum phones me up and accuses me of reversing into her. Got all tulipty with me when I said she'd admitted it and said the insurance would sort it out.

Insurance phoned up, told me that they did not admit liability saying I must have rolled back. I then pointed out that I had video'd the damage and had the recording of her apologising and admitting liability on my iPhone and that they had better tell their client they were lieing.

30 minutes later, insurance company phoned back, said that she didn't remember, may have done, then admitted it etc and that they would pay for all damages.

I never had a recording.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X