• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A tale of endurance, grit and pig ignorant motorists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Or for something a little more subtle.

Halfords to stock video recording cycling sunglasses
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      Both of which would have been soaked, no?
      No, I would have used special waterproof paper and pen set, possibly like scuba divers use.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        No, I would have used special waterproof paper and pen set,
        Brilliant idea SY. You could even store them in your waterproof underpants!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Not sure if I am reading this right SY but does it not occur to you that just round a blind bend is not the best place to stop? Don't cycle anymore but sometimes have to run on narrow country roads as the footpaths don't always join up. Make darn sure I am always where I can be seen.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Not sure if I am reading this right SY but does it not occur to you that just round a blind bend is not the best place to stop? Don't cycle anymore but sometimes have to run on narrow country roads as the footpaths don't always join up. Make darn sure I am always where I can be seen.
            How do you choose where you run out of puff?

Comment

No, I would have used special waterproof paper and pen set, possibly like scuba divers use.
              Seems to me that Suity wants to go out with the wrong clothes and little food. Coupled with their 'no directions' and travelling far from home there can only be one possible scenario Suity is hoping for.

'Oh Dave we've cycled for hours, I'm tired, hungry, cold and wet and it's getting dark. Were going to get hypothermia and die. Boo hoo hoo. Oh hang on, I know! Look over there it's a deserted barn, well have to camp down there for the night and look for help in the morning. I'll have to take these wet clothes off! And you Dave, it will help us stay alive. Spoons could save both our lives.'
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

How do you choose where you run out of puff?
                By stopping before you are physically incapable of going any further.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Seems to me that Suity wants to go out with the wrong clothes and little food. Coupled with their 'no directions' and travelling far from home there can only be one possible scenario Suity is hoping for.

'Oh Dave we've cycled for hours, I'm tired, hungry, cold and wet and it's getting dark. Were going to get hypothermia and die. Boo hoo hoo. Oh hang on, I know! Look over there it's a deserted barn, well have to camp down there for the night and look for help in the morning. I'll have to take these wet clothes off! And you Dave, it will help us stay alive. Spoons could save both our lives.'
                  Meh. Live out your own fantasies in your own threads.

PS Still on for Friday?

Comment

Meh. Live out your own fantasies in your own threads.

PS Still on for Friday?
                    Nah
                    BBC News - Man, 48, dies after London to Brighton cycle ride
                    I'm fine.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X