• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Money the only TRUE satisfaction from contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Doesn't the railway carriage take you up the slope?
    No, it's static, about the same conditions as a narrow boat I guess. Midgies -, I've been bitten a dozen times already, and it's midgie alert status 1. hey ho
    it's peaceful though, and i got some good footage of the Ospreys. Tomorrow we are going to look for otters

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      it's peaceful though, and i got some good footage of the Ospreys.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
        No. It's also about challenge and freedom from corporate bulltulip
        Freedom to increase your profits by staying in a cheap and cheerful B&B or splash out on something nicer according to working conditions or taste.

After being charged out at a fortune every day as a permie and having my expenses questioned, this was a breath of fresh air.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          WZ&EOS

And being able to take long holidays (isn't that right EO) , also having the freedom to choose the work you want and when you want.
          Absolutely. Money is part of my motivation, but a much greater part is the freedom and choice.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
            For me yes, others embrace the challenge, enjoy meeting new people etc etc but I'd happily take a dead end job for the rest of my life as long as the money was good and it was close to home.

I just don't care enough about work, it gets in the way of all the other things I want to do.
            I can sympathise, but too dead end and I get restless.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Another benefit is being able to avoid tax ..... eerrr I mean being in complete control of your finances.

Comment

Originally posted by Qwerty View Post
                Is Money the only TRUE satisfaction from contracting?
                Only if you don't really enjoy what you do, IMO.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X