• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OS X Lion - £20.99

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Excellent

Just watching this:
    YouTube - ‪Mac OS X Lion New Features Review‬‏

Apparently Mac OS X now supports full screen applications to maximise screen space!
    I can really see the appeal now!
    What did it do before then?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      I don't really like touchpads TBH, first thing I usually do with a new laptop is turn it off. I find the little tit things in the middle of the keyboard much better.
      Same here but that's probably down to years of tulipty non-mac touch pads
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I don't really like touchpads TBH, first thing I usually do with a new laptop is turn it off. I find the little tit things in the middle of the keyboard much better.

Rough or smooth?
        Last edited by SupremeSpod; 8 June 2011, 06:46.

Comment

Same here but that's probably down to years of tulipty non-mac touch pads
          Possibly.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Is it starting to use brain control or something? Last time I looked the interface was still using a mouse to point and click
            It's true.

They demonstrated how photobooth tracks your face.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              The dmg's are out there, leech, burn, boot.....
              Linky
              SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

They seem to have invented some sort of crazy finger dancing code to do what windows users call "Alt+Tab". Apparently this is better because it's different and the new is to be worshiped unquestioningly.
                FYI, Mac users also call it "Alt+Tab" and always have, although the UI looks nicer than it does on Windows. The new stuff does - wait for it - new stuff, while old stuff like Alt+Tab continues to do what it always did.

Comment

They seem to have invented some sort of crazy finger dancing code to do what windows users call "Alt+Tab". Apparently this is better because it's different and the new is to be worshiped unquestioningly.
                  If you mean gestures, I've got that on my Windows laptop already
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    FYI, Mac users also call it "Alt+Tab" and always have, although the UI looks nicer than it does on Windows. The new stuff does - wait for it - new stuff, while old stuff like Alt+Tab continues to do what it always did.
                    Technically it's Cmd-Tab but the point stands.

Expose is my favorite widget. One mouse click, or drag the pointer to a corner of the scren and it instantly tiles every window I have open so I can easily find the one I want. Click on it and it becomes the active window. Far easier than trying to alt-tab through a list of open applications to find the one you want or hunting for it on a crowded taskbar or dock.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

What did it do before then?
                      It made a window as large as it needed to be to display all its contents, but it didn't necessarily force the window frames to the edges of the screen and make the window immovable, the way Windows full-screen windows are. (Of course it did make the window occupy the whole area of the screen if it made sense to do so - e.g. for things like spreadsheet apps, where the work area is much larger than the screen.)

Personally I stopped using full-screen on Windows as well once monitors got beyond 1024*768 - a window beyond that size is usually too big to use comfortably for applications like text editing or web browsing. Obviously there are exceptions like Eclipse or Visual Studio, but their UI is a number of windows within one window anyway, so the main window is more like a replacement desktop. I'm on Windows at ClientCorp at the moment, and not one of the dozen or so apps I have open has a maximised window.

Comment

Working...
                      X