• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Show us your watches.....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
    There are plenty of luxury watch brands out there, why would you confine yourself to the one that's the most common?
    A luxury watch is a status symbol, the more people that know the make and that it's expensive the better.

"Do you like my watch it's a McMaster X345, its luxury cost more than a Rolex"

"Meh, never heard of it"

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      I think the word you're looking for is functional.
      adjective /ˈgôdē/ 
      gaudier, comparative; gaudiest, superlative

Extravagantly bright or showy, typically so as to be tasteless
      Nope I got the right word
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        My brother and I bought my dad a Rolex from a stall outside Harrods about 20 years ago, still holds perfect time and never stopped working once!
        2 years I've had mine now. It likes to be worn though, sulks (stops) if I don't wear it for a day or two.

I do love it.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Nope I got the right word
          Wrong, this is gaudy;

Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            A luxury watch is a status symbol, the more people that know the make and that it's expensive the better.
            Sas..... is that you?
            Bazza gets caught

Comment

"Meh, never heard of it"
              This one post sums up why I think your a twunt

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

This one post sums up why I think your a twunt
                Sorry Russell, I have to agree with SimonMac.

The watch doesn't make the man.... any more than the car, the house, the boat or any other tulip!

How sad to be so materialistic
                Bazza gets caught

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  It smarts...
                  You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Citizen eco drive, not flashy and doesn't need a battery ever
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

"Meh, never heard of it"
                      If you want the perception that everyone things you are successful you should just but a very good knock off and just pretend its real as most people will think its as fake as you are anyway. I however get a better feeling knowing I have a high quality precision movement that is the very best, whether it costs £5k or £5.

Comment

Working...
                      X