• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nokia to use windows OS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everybody is focusing on MS

It is Nokia I'm worried about.

They plan to drop all forms of their OS in favour of an MS OS.

The simple Nokia interface is great, just not sellable. Now they're replacing it with something your gran will have no chance with. Short sighted thinking.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Oh well. Now I don't feel so bad about accidentally chucking my old Symbian programming book away. Win 7 and Android only phone OS worth bothering with in my view.

Just imagine a UNIX phone. The utterly incomprehensible geeky programming instructions. Downloading apps from a website that looked like a 1980s BBC micro page.

Runs for cover as hordes of enraged UNIX zombies emerge.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Oh well. Now I don't feel so bad about accidentally chucking my old Symbian programming book away. Win 7 and Android only phone OS worth bothering with in my view.

Just imagine a UNIX phone. The utterly incomprehensible geeky programming instructions. Downloading apps from a website that looked like a 1980s BBC micro page.

I believe you've just described Chuchill's dream phone
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

I have an Android phone and a Motorola Xoom tablet but still like the Nokia N900 phone. Yes it's linux and I've managed to squeeze in full Linux distro and got it running Why? I like to tinker, I know Linux and at a push I can do just about everything for work on the Nokia when out and about.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            It is Nokia I'm worried about.

They plan to drop all forms of their OS in favour of an MS OS.

The simple Nokia interface is great, just not sellable. Now they're replacing it with something your gran will have no chance with. Short sighted thinking.
            Your gran can't use a smart-phone. WP7 is only for smart phones. Are Nokia dropping regular mobiles then, or had they already? Is anyone still making a regular mobile phone designed for phoning and texting only?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Your gran can't use a smart-phone. WP7 is only for smart phones. Are Nokia dropping regular mobiles then, or had they already? Is anyone still making a regular mobile phone designed for phoning and texting only?
              Are sony still making walkmans?

Comment

Working...
              X