• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for a mid-life crisis theme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Knit one, purl necklace one.
    Yeah, that's the best I could come up with, too.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Yeah, that's the best I could come up with, too.
      Mine was giong to be something along the lines of only needing one knitting needle but thats not exactly a compliment thinking about it so will leave it.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Really?? Where is our invite for a night out then? Beats having a first beer, getting caught looking at the totty out of the corner of my eye and have an argument for the rest of the night.
        Anytime. The weekend will be starting on Wednesday evening this week going through until the early hours of Sunday.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Anytime. The weekend will be starting on Wednesday evening this week going through until the early hours of Sunday.
          Fancy swapping lives for a bit?
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Learn to fly, buy a wee plane. Doesn't require any strenuous exercise, cheaper to run than a boat, visit lots more exciting places than ports full of the yellow welly brigade.

You could go to Florida and get your license in a couple of weeks but spend some time with an instructor back in blighty to get used to the local area and weather.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Fancy swapping lives for a bit?
              Do we get to swap clothes as well?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightship
                I have five years on you, OG.

I've been looking into moving somewhere 'exotic', but am having a hard time convincing Mrs LS to do the same. She's very risk averse, and likes the safety and security of predictability and familiarity. Having no children helps from both a financial and mobility perspective though.

Locations we've considered include Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Ecuador, Panama, Argentina. Still a work in progress.....
                Mrs OG is keen to move as well. She only came to the UK for 3 years and has been here now for 17 years. Financial imperatives mean that we need to work (at least one of us). Her profession is more mobile and mine is better paid so we need to find a magic solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  Mrs OG is keen to move as well. She only came to the UK for 3 years and has been here now for 17 years. Financial imperatives mean that we need to work (at least one of us). Her profession is more mobile and mine is better paid so we need to find a magic solution.
                  Having kids isn't meaningless

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Having kids isn't meaningless
                    No but it is bloody expensive.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                      No but it is bloody expensive.
                      Get them jobs, make them pay their own way.

Turn them into profit centres.

Comment

Working...
                      X