• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Looking for a mid-life crisis theme

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    not ... anything that would threaten the sanctity of our marriage

Not ... cars / motorbikes etc.
    You've ruled most things out with the first one apart from those in the 2nd one

Maybe, become a gym fanatic?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      You've ruled most things out with the first one apart from those in the 2nd one

Maybe, become a gym fanatic?
      Good call, he could be the next wilmslow. He already wears tight lycra and films his next door neighbours children on CCTV. May as well take up the gym as well.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        The Roland 12 TD KV has worked for me.
        It sounds OK, but I'd be worried that I'd just sit around saying, 'Ro-land, why are you so unhappy, Ro-land?' in a silly voice. Then I'd start playing along to 'Just say no'.

Things aren't that bad.

Comment

Emigration appeals as well. Tricky to work out how to do it where I can apply my work skills (health sector). Perhaps I need to look into it more seriously. Could be by the sea, and then the boat is in sight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Oi! I saw that.

How about taking up cage fighting. I took up a few years back before succumbing to a shoulder injury and a bloody good hiding last year. Nothing like it to realise that maybe you're past it.
            I can see that might appeal if I was desperately trying to prove to myself that I'm not gay, but I'm quite comfortable with myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Mrs OG will definitely veto this.
              She might but you come on admit it, you are tempted aren't you!!!

Anyway, I thought the idea of a midlife crisis was to throw down the shackles holding you back in your old life and do what YOU want with your new life. Granted this won't be easy when Mrs OG has chopped your balls off, cut all your clothes up and changed the locks but still, that is the theory isn't it?
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                She might but you come on admit it, you are tempted aren't you!!!

Anyway, I thought the idea of a midlife crisis was to throw down the shackles holding you back in your old life and do what YOU want with your new life. Granted this won't be easy when Mrs OG has chopped your balls off, cut all your clothes up and changed the locks but still, that is the theory isn't it?
                Have asked Mrs OG and she says it's not about that at all.

Comment

Have you considered taking up a hobby?

Bit of a waste travelling with 3 year olds, they won't remember much if anything so you'd be better waiting till they were a bit older IMO. I plan to take my son to see a few cool places when he's a bit older.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Mid-life crisis is all about doing the things you should have done when you were younger, but didn't because of money or circumstances, like drive fast cars/motorbikes, shag lots of ladies etc.

So you need to think of what you feel you have missed out on and won't be able to do as you enter terminal decline.

Perhaps you could take up glue sniffing or smash up some bus shelters?
                    In other words buy a house
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Sounds like the OP does not like risk.

How about extreme stamp collecting or walking to the end of the garden. OG Living the dream.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X