• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

russel banned ][

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Ho hum, yet another one.
    Sorry TykeMerc, you seem to be directing your comments towards me, is there a problem?

Comment

I am assuming this is all to do with this 'sockie' thing this forum has. I've just logged in and noticed a huge amount of abuse in the form of anonymous reputation messages!

Has it even occurred to some of the regular posters on this board that other people may and do register every now and then!

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
        I am assuming this is all to do with this 'sockie' thing this forum has. I've just logged in and noticed a huge amount of abuse in the form of anonymous reputation messages!

Has it even occurred to some of the regular posters on this board that other people may and do register every now and then!
        Indeed it has, however there are so many new ID's that follow exactly the same (or so little variation that they're effectively identical) pattern and style that there's zero doubt they're one of the endless stream of sock trolls.
        There's obviously one or two regular posters who find sockpuppetry trolling amusing, I assume so they can troll without getting their massive post count main ID's banned. Pathetic really.

Comment

Indeed it has, however there are so many new ID's that follow exactly the same (or so little variation that they're effectively identical) pattern and style that there's zero doubt they're one of the endless stream of sock trolls.
          There's obviously one or two regular posters who find sockpuppetry trolling amusing, I assume so they can troll without getting their massive post count main ID's banned. Pathetic really.
          You are that guy who goes to betting shops and complains about the gambling addicts, or you go to pubs and complains about the alcoholics. I hate that guy!!!!!!!!

Comment

Actually I disagree. I think we are having a number of newer posters who are getting tarred with an old brush. The first time a 'new' poster disagrees with a 'established' poster, and one I say established I'm basically saying one of the posters who seemed to come down in the great bedwetting downpour between 2007-2009, said 'established' posters jump up and down like toddlers with cries of 'snot fair'. There really are some exceptionally precious people on here.

I've quite enjoyed a number of the kandr/nob25/russell etc posters I think they're fair game and I haven't really seen anyone go over the top to warrant a proper ban for some time. Pro boards are out of bounds AFAIAC but General. No.

Far too much banning over nothing IMHO.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

MF do you genuinely think a single CUK member doesn't see through this? Your "X is a misunderstood breath of fresh air" is as predictable as X's posts.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                MF do you genuinely think a single CUK member doesn't see through this? Your "X is a misunderstood breath of fresh air" is as predictable as X's posts.
                And that is why you can see patterns in the clouds and so will always be a moron Doogie.
                Last edited by MarillionFan; 27 May 2011, 21:59.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotgal View Post
                  You are that guy who goes to betting shops and complains about the gambling addicts, or you go to pubs and complains about the alcoholics. I hate that guy!!!!!!!!
                  Nope on both counts.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    And that is why you can see patterns in the clouds and so will always be a moron Doogie.
                    If you can't see patterns in the clouds I think it means there is something wrong in your brain.

I think your defences of the various sockies are duller than the sockies themselves.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      In the rich tapestry of life and human personality why do you find it surprising that people have a difference opinions? I find that attitude very worrying if not dangerous. MarillionFan clearly swims against the tide, is that something to deride? Or to celebrate?

Comment

Working...
                      X