• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 hours sleep. Coping strategies required.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    slow down, get selfish, learn to say no (to everything)
    dont eat, dont move your head from side to side quickly

you will look back in a few weeks and laugh. luckily, we dont have to wait that long

WEOS
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
      Most people with babies are used to managing at these levels, over time and with it being night after night you adapt to the lack of sleep and stop worrying about putting the TV remote in the freezer. Only takes a few days of getting good sleep before you lose the capability though and a bad night is a kick in the guts.
      Good luck...
      FTFY
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        So after working until 01:30 (having procrastinated like an expert), I couldn't get to sleep until 4. Brilliant.
        Hectic documentation, planning and meetings ahead - please take the piss freely suggest coping strategies and share war stories below.

Zzzzzzzzz.
        Don't work until 1:30am. I have never worked past 6pm its a slippery slope.

Comment

Ssssssnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiiifffffffffffffffffffffff

COME ON THEN!!!!!!!!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Scotgal View Post
            Don't work until 1:30am. I have never worked past 6pm its a slippery slope.
            What the fat bird just said

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              slow down, get selfish, learn to say no (to everything)
              dont eat, dont move your head from side to side quickly

you will look back in a few weeks and laugh. luckily, we dont have to wait that long

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                What the fat bird just said
                He is not a bird...

I am Scottish not a female though , Gal is a shortening of my surname, and Scott is my first name.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  He is not a bird...
                  Bugger, I'll stop stalking "her" now then. "She" looked lovely in that avatar too.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    So after working until 01:30 (having procrastinated like an expert), I couldn't get to sleep until 4. Brilliant.
                    Hectic documentation, planning and meetings ahead - please take the piss freely suggest coping strategies and share war stories below.

Zzzzzzzzz.
                    1 night of 3 hours sleep, come on that's hardly a problem. Don't OD on red-bull but have one when it really hits a low point. Take a walk or nip outside when possible, and splash your face with the coldest water you can find. In fact try to keep cold if possible. Music is a good option too, rock/dance depending on taste.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      He is not a bird...
                      And neither was that bird you pulled in Pattaya but was adamant 'she' was.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X