• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob says you are all lazy bastards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is true, however I'm not sure them sticking around just to be there is that much use.

If the manager can leave people with the impression they'd be there if they were needed that would do. I don't want to make them suffer out of bitterness... that is a trait we do seem to have in England, wanting to share the misery around.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      That is true, however I'm not sure them sticking around just to be there is that much use.

If the manager can leave people with the impression they'd be there if they were needed that would do. I don't want to make them suffer out of bitterness... that is a trait we do seem to have in England, wanting to share the misery around.
      I'm not suggesting that they hover around, there should be plenty for them to get on with while the rest of the team does the needful.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

There are loads of things Management can be doing when deadline/crunch time approaches. Being there , ordering the pizza shows solidarity and often helps.
        Yes Churchie but you are supposed to share them around not eat them all yourself
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Yes Churchie but you are supposed to share them around not eat them all yourself
          Thanks for the advice chubba!

Comment

The 73-year-old added that previously at JLR "the entire engineering group would be empty on Friday evening", but said things had improved.

"The new management team has put an end to that. They call meetings at 5 o'clock," he said.
            Like most, I'm happy to stay on occasion when it's required. But regularly scheduling meetings at 5pm is just presenteeism. Probably explains why clientco's bobs all roll in at 11am.

Comment

AIUI IT Bob's are earning in real terms the equivalent of stockbrokers in their home country.

If you regularly have to work over time the staff are either incompetent or the managers are.

Flexibilti is fine the ability to be crushed is not.

Most ICT sponsors use various means to avoid paying tax on their employees and force them to work stupid hours yet are happy to lecture us on how hard they work?

I however have a lot of respect for Mr Tata he made it make a profit, he has made shedloads working within the lax laws surrounding inshoring.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
              X