• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking your pony on the train.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ludicrous thing about it was he turned up with a valid railcard for the horse; it must have been murder trying to get it into a photo booth at WHSmiths

Can you imagine getting to the line of automatic barriers at Birmingham New St. It would probably think it was one of the hedges in a steeplechase and try and jump it.

And they'd need a big toilet on the train. Just in case it gets the "trots"..

Comment

But I thought trains had horse power?
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

The plot thickens

More images have emerged of places visited by a mystery man and his pony, including a hospital A&E department and a pub.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Meanwhile, the RSPCA said of the station incident it was "not a safe nor acceptable manner in which to transport an equine."
          And yet it's completely acceptable to pack 20+ people into the area by the doors on a commuter train. Where is the RSPCM when you need them.
          While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
            And yet it's completely acceptable to pack 20+ people into the area by the doors on a commuter train. Where is the RSPCM when you need them.
            And it's OK to sit on them and force them to run in circles to the point of exhaustion. Well, maybe not ponies, but horses anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              And it's OK to sit on them and force them to run in circles to the point of exhaustion. Well, maybe not ponies, but horses anyway.
              The more I see of this the more I'm amazed at how calm the pony is. Your average Shetland is bolshie when it's in a good mood and a liability when it's pissed off. The fatc that this one is wandering about apparently taking all this in it's stride is mindboggling.
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

And then he said, 'I dont care WHO is coming to meet you boyo, you are not getting on the train'

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                  The more I see of this the more I'm amazed at how calm the pony is. Your average Shetland is bolshie when it's in a good mood and a liability when it's pissed off. The fatc that this one is wandering about apparently taking all this in it's stride is mindboggling.
                  It's a train trained horse trained in a train training ground.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Waiting to get served by people working in the public sector helps one develop patience.

Comment

I wonder what that man was thinking... did he really think it was going to be ok to put the horse on the train?

Totally bonkers
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X