• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Taking your pony on the train."

Collapse

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It transpires that this chap is a member of the Irish "Travelling" community.

Hence the desire to get to Hollyhead & the ferry to Ireland I suspect.
    A pikey.... we should have guessed.

Not sure Stena or Irish Ferries would have been keen to let him on either.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I am a saggitarius me. Half horse
    Thats why , when I pooed in the street the other week, they couldnt arrest me

Could they arrest half of you?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Hence the long face.

What lucky fellah got the other half?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    That's why they don't need any extra.

You probably know that horses still have the right of way on a public highway, but did you know that if you hit one, even if it's out of control, you are liable for damages to it if you hit the thing?
    Thats why , when I pooed in the street the other week, they couldnt arrest me

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    The more I see of this the more I'm amazed at how calm the pony is. Your average Shetland is bolshie when it's in a good mood and a liability when it's pissed off. The fatc that this one is wandering about apparently taking all this in it's stride is mindboggling.
    They are indeed vicious buggers, and will kick you just for the hell of it.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    But I thought trains had horse power?
    That's why they don't need any extra.

You probably know that horses still have the right of way on a public highway, but did you know that if you hit one, even if it's out of control, you are liable for damages to it if you hit the thing?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    I wonder what that man was thinking... did he really think it was going to be ok to put the horse on the train?

Totally bonkers

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The more I see of this the more I'm amazed at how calm the pony is. Your average Shetland is bolshie when it's in a good mood and a liability when it's pissed off. The fatc that this one is wandering about apparently taking all this in it's stride is mindboggling.
    Waiting to get served by people working in the public sector helps one develop patience.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It's a train trained horse trained in a train training ground.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    And then he said, 'I dont care WHO is coming to meet you boyo, you are not getting on the train'

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    And it's OK to sit on them and force them to run in circles to the point of exhaustion. Well, maybe not ponies, but horses anyway.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    And yet it's completely acceptable to pack 20+ people into the area by the doors on a commuter train. Where is the RSPCM when you need them.
    And it's OK to sit on them and force them to run in circles to the point of exhaustion. Well, maybe not ponies, but horses anyway.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Meanwhile, the RSPCA said of the station incident it was "not a safe nor acceptable manner in which to transport an equine."
    And yet it's completely acceptable to pack 20+ people into the area by the doors on a commuter train. Where is the RSPCM when you need them.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The plot thickens

More images have emerged of places visited by a mystery man and his pony, including a hospital A&E department and a pub.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    But I thought trains had horse power?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X