• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Boiler

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Are you just saying you want a like-for-like replacement for your old system which heated water and put it in a tank?

That's what we did: Baxi Bermuda Back Boiler Unit
    Kind of...we have a standard boiler that heats up the water in a cylinder and does the heating. I simply want to replace the old one with a updated new one. There is nothing wrong with the rest of what we have, just that the thing powering the whole system is old and inefficient. I don't want to lose the hot water tank for the reasons mentioned earlier - I don't want unlimited hot water - I like the fact that it is limited by the size of the tank!
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
      Kind of...we have a standard boiler that heats up the water in a cylinder and does the heating. I simply want to replace the old one with a updated new one. There is nothing wrong with the rest of what we have, just that the thing powering the whole system is old and inefficient. I don't want to lose the hot water tank for the reasons mentioned earlier - I don't want unlimited hot water - I like the fact that it is limited by the size of the tank!
      No problem at all. Like for like replacement if you choose the regular condensing boiler from that Worcester Bosch link. All boiler makers do that kind of boiler. IMO you should also look at upgrading your CH controls at the same time as the boiler by using things like outside temperatue control. The boiler makers websites are packed with stuff like that.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        That's exactly what we set out to do. However because the tank and pipes were equally old they had to do a lot of extra work. Apparently the guys doing it were well peed off especially since most of the extra work they couldn't pass on - took them 3 days instead of 1.5 they quoted for.

So beware, it mightn't be quite as simple as it might sound like it should be. Get someone to come and check it out.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X