• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce lawyer who understands contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Good news for people like me; where realistically the only reason someone is going to marry me is for my money.

What can I say I'm a hopeless romantic, or is that just plain hopeless
    No, you are probably just plain ugly so you have to rely on your big trucker pay cheque...

Comment

Good news for people like me; where realistically the only reason someone is going to marry me is for my money.

What can I say I'm a hopeless romantic, or is that just plain hopeless
      Don't put yourself down SP. You might meet a nice girl who has so many shoes she needs someone to build her a warehouse for them all.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Prenup agreement enforced under UK law | Law | guardian.co.uk

"Prenuptial agreements have been recognised as enforceable under British divorce law for the first time, in a supreme court ruling today."
        OK you pay for it on the basis of a single test case.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Deep Breath Fella

On the plus side, things start at 50/50 then move from there. Unless you're on a £1k+ a day you're unlikely to lose ALL your assets AND end up with a crippling spousal maintenance bill. You'll pay for your kid at 15% after pension contribs and HMRC's pound of flesh, but spousal maint is something that you can buy out by giving up a larger slice of assets, giving you a clean break with the missus at least. I did that and am much happier for it. Don't fall for the 'nominal maintenance of 1p a year' gag either - clean break needs to mean just that.

With the parental alienation then you really need to get a contact schedule in place NOW and go to court to get a contact order sealed if its not what you want / being observed. Regular, predictable contact (and I'd suggest weekly in person and every day / opther day on the phone) is essential and EFFECTIVE in combating divorce poison. Lots of resources / help out there, PM me if you want any pointers - sounds like you are where I was 2 years ago. Good luck.

Comment

Divorce lawyer who understands contractors
            Maybe a wife who understands contractors would avoid these tricky situations.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              No, you are probably just plain ugly so you have to rely on your big trucker pay cheque...
              I don't understand why you started that sentence with No as you basically agree with what I said. Anyway no probably about it

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Don't put yourself down SP. You might meet a nice girl who has so many shoes she needs someone to build her a warehouse for them all.
              If she owns more than 3 pairs of shoes I can't see it working out. Why would anyone need more than 3 pairs of shoes is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                OK you pay for it on the basis of a single test case.
                Ruling made by the Supreme Court: it may have been test case but now it is precedent.

Prenup just makes sense - the worst that can happen (if you manage to get married after proposing to sign prenup) is that it won't be deemed binding, at least you've tried.

Comment

If she owns more than 3 pairs of shoes I can't see it working out. Why would anyone need more than 3 pairs of shoes is beyond me.
                  Well, she needs at least the following;

Wellies for doing the gardening/washing your car.
                  Slippers so she doesn't wake you up when you're having a doze in front of the TV.
                  Trainers for down the gym so she doesn't get a lardy arse.
                  Decent walking shoes for the food shopping.
                  Driving shoes for picking you up from the pub.
                  And probably some working boots for DIY work around the house.

There may be more but I'm just going by Mrs PL.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Well, she needs at least the following;

Wellies for doing the gardening/washing your car.
                    Slippers so she doesn't wake you up when you're having a doze in front of the TV.
                    Trainers for down the gym so she doesn't get a lardy arse.
                    Decent walking shoes for the food shopping.
                    Driving shoes for picking you up from the pub.
                    And probably some working boots for DIY work around the house.

There may be more but I'm just going by Mrs PL.
                    you let her out the house?
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      you let her out the house?
                      It's cold outside and Nigella is on TV.

I'm going nowhere.

Comment

Working...
                      X