• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce lawyer who understands contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any kids?
    If not tell her to get a job and sod off round the world!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I am a realist...

Don't worry I won't appear rude to my future wife by demanding her to sign prenup, I'll leave that to my solicitor
      I'm sure a solicitor will be happy to take your money writing a pre-nup which has no legal weight in the UK.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I'm sure a solicitor will be happy to take your money writing a pre-nup which has no legal weight in the UK.
        Prenup agreement enforced under UK law | Law | guardian.co.uk

"Prenuptial agreements have been recognised as enforceable under British divorce law for the first time, in a supreme court ruling today."

Comment

I've been divorced twice.....Yes I know. Got it right the third time though....so far....

If there are no kids then you each take out what you brought into the relationship and everything since you met is split 50\50. Any solicitor should get you that deal and get it approved in court. ALWAYS insist on a clean break split if there are no kids.

If there are kids involved the rulebook goes out the window.

Good luck.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Terrifying isn’t it, the average married bloke is one decent row away from ending up in a bedsit. 6 months later some wayne will be sat in his Laz-e-boy drinking cold lager which he is paying for, watching his widescreen and bringing up his kids. In the meantime his ex is turning them against him and making his life hell – wonderful, where do I sign….

Comment

Uncanny Luke....

You've obviously met my ex....!

Currently no 'wayne' on the scene which is probably why she spends so much time trying to derail my life, relationship with the kids etc.

The scary thing is that you don't even need a row, she can just up and off on a whim and there's SFA you can do about it. The settlement is the same (punative) regardless of who kicks the whole thing off.

Comment

Aye, brothers wife decided her life wasn't as wonderful as expected and bailed (well, told him to bail...). Also decided dentistry wasn't for her so would become a 'healer' so he got to bankroll her life, 15 years later she is still disrupting his life.

Comment

And to think that some people criticise homosexuality
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Thanks for the support and suggestions guys. Initially I approached a mediator but my wife was unwilling to take this option. After some deliberation I've decided to use Murray Davies from Nottingham.

The majority of women will try to take the shirt from your back upon divorce. If you think you're ready to marry then take a look around you. Do you have a nice house, a nice car, pensions provisions etc? How would you feel if you had to give that to the woman you are proposing to? In exchange you get a bitter and twisted ex poisoning your only child against you.

My ex is trying to end up with no mortgage, a new car and monthly total tax free income of approximately 3,500. She has only ever worked part time in a shop.

Society has gone mad.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Prenup agreement enforced under UK law | Law | guardian.co.uk

"Prenuptial agreements have been recognised as enforceable under British divorce law for the first time, in a supreme court ruling today."
                      Good news for people like me; where realistically the only reason someone is going to marry me is for my money.

What can I say I'm a hopeless romantic, or is that just plain hopeless

Comment

Working...
                      X