• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce lawyer who understands contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    I imagine that it's far more common that a mum with, say, a part time job is absolutely panicked at the idea of bringing up her kids on her own on little or no income when things go wrong.
    Maybe the woman shouldn't insist on 'winning' the kids in the divorce then.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Maybe the woman shouldn't insist on 'winning' the kids in the divorce then.
      Or not insisting on divorce? If the man or woman is the bread winner than it should be appreciated in more than one way

Comment

Ouch! please don''t think that all women are like that!

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        There used to be “promise to love honour and obey”.

Not only obey went out the window but also honour.

The Law in the UK is out of date and favours women.

Eg. In a marriage, regardless of children a wife has a choice of not working and staying at home, having a career or even a hobby job or hobby loss making business. The man is expected to work. If he does not work; the wife can divorce him for neglect.

In divorce, the wife is advised not to work and to claim from her husband for the rest of her life even if there has been a 50/50 split.

One of my sisters has never done a day’s work in her life but after going through two husbands; she has a very nice house and income for the rest of her life. Her ex-husband has nothing.
        Not all wives are out to take their husbands to the cleaners and I think it a little unfair to tar all women with the same brush!

Comment

Originally posted by beaujangles12 View Post
          Not all wives are out to take their husbands to the cleaners and I think it a little unfair to tar all women with the same brush!
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

In a split it is almost impossible to deliver equality i.e. a solution where all parties are equally satisfied with the solution. There will be winners and there will be losers.

Does anyone know of more than one example of a man getting a better deal than a woman? I don't know of any personally.

Comment

Originally posted by beaujangles12 View Post
              But the system is biased in a woman's favour - which is why 70% of divorces are initiated by women.

Its very sexist really - it assumes that men work and women look after kids. I think alot of judges would like to chain women to the kitchen sink. The younger female judges are alot less sexist of course.

Of course you are not yet divorced - why not ask your husband to post here once the divorce is done? Or maybe you could try to talk to him and try to save your relationship - at least for your kids. You have an autistic child to consider!

Comment

I gave him/her the benefit of the doubt for the 1st post, by the 4th one I knew.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                  Does anyone know of more than one example of a man getting a better deal than a woman? I don't know of any personally.
                  Yes. I got the kids - my ex got the money. I got by far the best deal. I know of a few men in my shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Yes. I got the kids - my ex got the money. I got by far the best deal. I know of a few men in my shoes.
                    So she got your money and your shoes.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by contractor99 View Post
                      Guys

I would appreciate some advice. I've been freelance 17 years, just left my wife, got a new flat and started discussions on divorce. I've been married only 6 years. My wife expects me to hand over 275,000 plus maintenance of >1,000 per month for the next 14 years. Currently I am paying my wife 3,000 per month whilst i live away from home.

I need a solicitor that understands freelancing. I don't think my current one does, so am uncomfortable with them representing me.

Can anybody recommend a good lawyer please? I need one fast.

I would really appreciate the advice.

Thanks
                      M

Represent yourself and make sure the Judge is a Mason - worked for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X