• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh FFS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh FFS

Does anyone know of a way to get round speaking to India while using HP support. Or better still actually get one of the engineers to attend while using a next day warranty.

Have you asked them if they've done the needful ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Yes, act as thick as sh*t, when speaking to Dell or HP or any other IT vender i pretend i am the office junior tasked with logging the call if they ask me to do anything i tell them its already been done by the senior IT staff, they get so frustrated by not being able to get you to dismantle the hardware that they have to log a call for an onsite engineer

Oh and just make up random error messages, thats always good to listen to the silence and them trying to figure out what the error message means

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
        Oh and just make up random error messages, thats always good to listen to the silence and them trying to figure out what the error message means
        1202 alarm.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Speak like the girl in this clip, you'll soon drive them bonkers!

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            Does anyone know of a way to get round speaking to India while using HP support. Or better still actually get one of the engineers to attend while using a next day warranty.
            Yep, you can contact the Bulgarian Support Centre, they also speak English

HP Direct
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Did you ask to speak to a supervisor?
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Try calling the Bangalore helpline. Apparently it gets diverted to a call centre in Tunbridge Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                  If it's MS kit, remember that the errors shouldn't be meaningful messages, they should be eight digit hexadecimal numbers beginning with "8" and with lots of zeros. 80004005 is always good as it is defined as E_FAIL, which means "Something totally ****ed up but God alone knows what or how", and therefore prevents them from asking any questions beyond "Have you turned it off and on again?"

<- because you're worth it

Comment

How about saying in a reasonable voice...

"I'm sorry but I can't understand what you're saying. Please transfer me to or let me have the number of a native English speaker."

See if that works. Personally I don't have a problem with heavily accented English. Perhaps that's because I'm a Lancastrian who spent a lot of time living near the border to Yorkshire.

Comment

Working...
                    X