• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody Lesbians!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
    Happened to me many years ago in London when visiting a Client's offices in Temple.

Opened the door for a lady carrying various legal documents all under one arm, and an attache case in the other. Looked like she was about to drop the lot.

Received a few choice words about "You don't need to open the door for me because I'm a woman you know".

I replied "Actually, I didn't. I opened it because I am a gentleman."

She huffed and stormed off.

Oh well.
    So BGG has met Cherie Blair then

Comment

Happened to me at school, only the hold-openee was a guy, a little bantam cock of a history teacher probably with a complex about his diminutive stature.

As I held open a heavy swing door for him, he snapped "You don't need to do that - I'm quite capable of opening a door!". So I let it go, and after rounding a corner heard a terrific crash as the door slammed back into him as he reached it. Probably knocked him flying, the little tw*t.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

If I am being accused of being a sexist pig, shall I not just go the whole hog and admit "I'm only letting you through so I can check to see what junk you got in your trunk"
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

The fact you confuse lesbianism and feminism might offer more insight into a personality that women detest.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            The fact you confuse lesbianism and feminism might offer more insight into a personality that Wimmin detest.
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

I find shaking hands with women really wierd too. I don't know why that is; it just feels like the wrong thing to be doing. But then maybe I'm just a socially awkward IT geek.
              Yep, that's why I give them a bit wet sloppy kiss instead. Gets the meeting of to a good start
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Or feminists, or what ever they call themselves these days!

I was dragged up proper by my da, so I hold doors open, offer my seat etc and I'm finding more and more women get really pissed off with this now, with tutting, head shaking and not uncommonly a full blown rant on equality rather than a courteous "Thanks, I'm alright".
                "Sorry, I was so distracted by your terrible skin / muffin tops / gelatinous thighs / cellulite that I forgot to let go."
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

WSS. Though I think I sometimes over-compensate. I'm more likely to let a door slam in a woman's face than a man's because I'm conscience of being seen as the sort of old fuddy duddy that thinks you should open doors for women.

I find shaking hands with women really wierd too. I don't know why that is; it just feels like the wrong thing to be doing. But then maybe I'm just a socially awkward IT geek.
                  For goodness sake man. Get a grip. When introduced to a woman for the first time, rub your crotch with your left hand, lick the side of her face (one lick, bottom to top) and whisper "You're puuuuuurrrrdddddyyyyyyy" in her ear. Removes the need for those awkward handshakes.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

You'd just open the door for anyone wouldn't you if you both arrived, or where going for the door at the same time.

Just good manners innit.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

WSS. Though I think I sometimes over-compensate. I'm more likely to let a door slam in a woman's face than a man's because I'm conscience of being seen as the sort of old fuddy duddy that thinks you should open doors for women.
                      One of the only reasons I wear a skirt at work because it ensures men open doors for me. Years ago I realised every time I wore trousers men in general wouldn't open doors for me with women it made no difference. And as I tend to work with more men then women .....

Also I noticed if I'm wearing a skirt and knee high boots male drivers are more likely to stop and let me cross the road. It was weird when I made that connection and London bus drivers started doing it. Women drivers tend to ignore you as a pedestrian but are more likely to let you out when driving.

That's cos you are an old fuddy duddy.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X