• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brian Cox

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Here's mine:

Hope Liz in impressed.

which is neat - a different image each time you refresh the page
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

He'll be grinning even more inanely now

Double triumph for Brian Cox, but Coronation Street misses out at Royal Television Society awards | Manchester Evening News - menmedia.co.uk
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Science poster boy Professor Brian Cox...
        Still a boy at 43.

...beating Piers Morgan and Reggie Yates
        Awesome competition too

Comment

BBC iPlayer - How TV Ruined Your Life: Knowledge

should be amusing and relevant!
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

No wonder he's always grinning... Very slightly NSFW due to suggestions of drug abuse.

Comment

Thought the 1st episode was so slow, it was competing with the theme of the episode - the time progression of the universe.

Just watched the 2nd episode on Sky+ - thought it was much better. It didn't tell me anything new as I was already aware of how the elements of the universe were created. But not many people in the wider public know that the elements in their entire bodies were created in dying stars, or that their gold bling was cooked up in a supernova - and he did a good job of explaining that.

"We're all made of stardust"

Comment

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                But not many people in the wider public know that the elements in their entire bodies were created in dying stars, or that their gold bling was cooked up in a supernova - and he did a good job of explaining that.

"We're all made of stardust"
                Actually I think they know but they don't really give a tulip.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You're right - they probably don't give a tulip.

But I think you would be surprised at how few people understand even the simplest elements of particle physics.

Also Einstein's theory of relativity is about 100 years old, yet very few people understand the basics of it - that time and space are not constant.

Again, they don't give a tulip, but if their SatNav / GPS phone became useless because someone forgot to factor in relativity due to time progressing slower for fast moving satellites, they'd give a tulip then.
                  Last edited by centurian; 20 March 2011, 13:02.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                    No wonder he's always grinning... Very slightly NSFW due to suggestions of drug abuse.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Even though he doesn't say anything I don't know (I'm a physics grad so it would be far too high-brow if he did) I like the shows. I would say it's considerably less childish than other science programs, since it doesn't rely on rapid camera angle changes and pounding bass or other stuff for 5-second attention spans.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X