• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Brian Cox

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Brian Cox"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

The Horror! Oh the Horror!

My ex-lustee gets all moist over him, apparently.

Hope she doesn't read this post.
    Typical woman. Getting moist over the unobtainable.

Leave a comment:

• TiroFijo
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

Her collar and cuffs don't match. I bet her muff is not ginger. Anyway, I'm off for a cold shower.
    Bit of a plain Jane, and I'm sure the carpet doesn't match the curtains

Leave a comment:

• pm33
    replied
    There already is one Brian Cox, this guy needs to change his name. By the first brian cox i mean the actor from dundee

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Thanks TW! Wifey will be happy...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    He's on again. Tonight BBC2 20:30 "Stargazing Live". Be there or be elsewhere. Dara O Briain will be there too

Great timing it is too, the sky has been clear the past few nights, especially yesterday and looks set to be good here again tonight. Venus and Jupiter shining oh so brightly and Orion resplendent in the heavens.

Get Google Sky Maps installed and give your smartphone's sensors a workout.
    Last edited by TimberWolf; 16 January 2012, 19:18.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    He was on R4 this morning with some other fella. They were talking about some stuff that went over my head
    Pigeons?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

What's Brian Cox doing starring on Die Hard 4.0? ..
    Is that a new one they're doing?

After the last one, Bruce Willis will need to drive off the top of the Mattorhorn and bring down a whole fleet of supersonic jets.

Otherwise we'll know he's slipping.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    What's Brian Cox doing starring on Die Hard 4.0?

(Justin Long)

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Should we organise a campaign for sceince programmes to be hosted by grumpy old gits instead?

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Hehe

A Times columnist wrote a piece about him today. Apparently after the last time she described him in less than glowing terms, she was deluged with hate mail, including quite a few suggestions which, as she said, were anatomically impossible. So obviously he does have his admirers.
    I keep forgetting to watch out for his alleged window licking. But maybe it's just his upper teeth/jaw that stick out more than average, making him smile/grin more than average? All those places he gets to visit while talking science in exchange for money may also be a factor.

Patrick Moore doesn't get paid anything at all!

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post

Can't watch this now without my brain shouting "Window Licker!" whenever he grins.
    Hehe

A Times columnist wrote a piece about him today. Apparently after the last time she described him in less than glowing terms, she was deluged with hate mail, including quite a few suggestions which, as she said, were anatomically impossible. So obviously he does have his admirers.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, and knows his stuff; but I can't abide his perpetual window licking grin.

People who constantly grin for no apparent reason are at best disconcerting and often creepy and sinister, and for me that makes his documentaries utterly unwatchable, despite the interesting subject matter.
    Can't watch this now without my brain shouting "Window Licker!" whenever he grins.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Even though he doesn't say anything I don't know (I'm a physics grad so it would be far too high-brow if he did) I like the shows. I would say it's considerably less childish than other science programs, since it doesn't rely on rapid camera angle changes and pounding bass or other stuff for 5-second attention spans.
    WHS; good to see this kind of programme on TV.

I've also enjoyed watching Jim Al-Khalili's 'Everything and Nothing'; quite a lot of overlap with Brian Cox's programme, but very enjoyable.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Sorry if it was discussed but did anyone catch Cox's radio show about Feynman? I missed it but wished I hadn't.
    Yeah, I recorded it. I expect it's up on the web. Seemed pretty good but I don't remember much about it now as I used it for snoozing off too, except that there was a lot of praise for Feynman. He also referred to some of Feynman's video lectures and talks, e.g. "The pleasure of finding things out, Horizon", "Fun to imagine" and the Messenger series. These are all on YouTube and elsewhere. I didn't realise the drumming and singing orange juice lyrics (or whatever) was filmed just weeks before his death.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Sorry if it was discussed but did anyone catch Cox's radio show about Feynman? I missed it but wished I hadn't.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X