• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why does tinned mango smell like farts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    A whole one, on two separate evenings. Sorry about the confusion. They make a bit of a mess too I might add, even when you're trying to scrape out the last remaining bits attached to the shell. So don't eat one when sitting next to your computer or anything that will be stained by acids. Best is to prepare it first in the kitchen IMO. I cut one in half and then run a knife all around the outside of one half and use a spoon to tease out most of it. Then I slice up what I have retrieved into parts small enough not to ejaculate all over any nearby furniture when eating.
    Or - two over two nights? Not one between two evenings?

Why do I care so much?

I've partaken of the odd half grapefruit in my day, and its the mess element I don't like. I don't like faffy foods actually. Did you add sugar?

I attempted a pomegranite (sp?) at my desk once. That ended messily.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post

Why do I care so much?

I've partaken of the odd half grapefruit in my day, and its the mess element I don't like. I don't like faffy foods actually. Did you add sugar?

Another messing ending for MP......

Comment

Why do I care so much?

Two grapefruit in total on two separate nights. One per night.

No, I didn't add sugar. I'm still emotionally wounded from being ridiculed for putting sugar on melons. Apparently they are 'sweet enough'.

I haven't had a pomegranate since I was a kid, apart from a faint recollection of having tried one more recently. All pips IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Two grapefruit in total on two separate nights. One per night.

No, I didn't add sugar. I'm still emotionally wounded from being ridiculed for putting sugar on melons. Apparently they are 'sweet enough'.

I haven't had a pomegranate since I was a kid, apart from a faint recollection of having tried one more recently. All pips IIRC.
          You put SUGAR on MELON?

Ah, that's how you spell it - thanks. Apparently the pips are the point of the pomegranate.

That fat tongued vagrant Jamie Oliver slices them down the middle and gives them a tap - hey presto you've got all the pips out to eat.

Yeah, sure Jamie.

You actually end up covered in juice and flesh, with the majority of pips remaining in the bloody fruit for you to dig out painstakingly.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I had a pink grapefruit every day last week with my brekkie. Messy but nice.
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

How can a pear taste of jizz?
              I never thought it had much of a taste, mind you I'm usually so pissed by that point It could taste of Stilton sandwiches and I wouldn't notice

MMmm all of a sudden i have a craving for creme caramel...
              I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

You put SUGAR on MELON?

Ah, that's how you spell it - thanks. Apparently the pips are the point of the pomegranate.

That fat tongued vagrant Jamie Oliver slices them down the middle and gives them a tap - hey presto you've got all the pips out to eat.

Yeah, sure Jamie.

You actually end up covered in juice and flesh, with the majority of pips remaining in the bloody fruit for you to dig out painstakingly.
                They sell little punnets of pips in Sainsburys - MUCH easier
                I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  How can a pear taste of jizz?
                  I suspect one of MP's co-workers got to her lunch before she did...
                  You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Working...
                  X