• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK to end constant supply of Electricity

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't be naive. Like all good conspiracies, the AGW one is worldwide. You cannot escape your shafting. Your only hope is to be generous with your lube.
    In the country I live in they're building new Nuclear power stations, and they have no wind generation at all.

You will be living in a country with a "wind" economy.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

whoops here is the link

- Bishop Hill blog - The third-world ambition of the UK
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Of course, rather than relying on some random blogger talking about a newspaper cutting somebody scanned and sent him (I thought the Telegraph had a web site he could have linked to?), you could listen to the actual interview. You would then discover that the "talk of dwindling gas supplies" which said blogger finds so sinister doesn't actually appear anywhere in the interview, but has been introduced by the Telegraph journalist. This pretty much negates the entire point of the blog post.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Of course, rather than relying on some random blogger talking about a newspaper cutting somebody scanned and sent him (I thought the Telegraph had a web site he could have linked to?), you could listen to the actual interview. You would then discover that the "talk of dwindling gas supplies" which said blogger finds so sinister doesn't actually appear anywhere in the interview, but has been introduced by the Telegraph journalist. This pretty much negates the entire point of the blog post.
          Don't take a job in the newspaper industry. You wouldn't last five minutes.

Comment

Wow. BlasterBates posts bollux shocker. Who'd a thunk it?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well I think the point of the post is:

The days of constant availability of Electricity are numbered......The grid is going to be a very different system in 2020....We keep thinking we want it to be there when we need it.....We are going to change our behaviour and consume it when it is available
              "We keep thinking we want it to be there when we need it "(very 20th century perception on life)

i.e. when the wind doesn't blow your lights go out.
              Last edited by BlasterBates; 3 March 2011, 14:13.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                i.e. when the wind doesn't blow your lights go out.
                He devoted most of the interview to talking about the pressing need to build new power stations. He didn't say a thing about wind turbines until the interviewer brought them up right at the end

Comment

Working...
                X