• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

iPad 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Nice to see that the usual morons still think that braying "I don't get it" makes them look clever
    Sasguru, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Sasguru, is that you?
      No! I'm SasGuru!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's too late mate - you'd have to offer iPad2 alongside your outdated early alpha of the real thing to stand half a chance of someone bothering to bid for it
        Nah, its Apple kit and the model 1 is now 'retro' so i'll be getting twice what I paid for it I reckon.

If any tape jockeys want to club together and make an offer, i'll sort out a monthly payment plan for you.

Seriously though, those who ask what its for, just the ability to lie on the sofa at night and remotely control my other PC's and even run development IDE's remotely makes it worth its asking price for me. I'd previously use a laptop for this but the iPad is smaller, uses much less juice, doesn't toast my knackers, doesn't run out of power after a few hours and doesn't need a power cable trailing across the lounge.

Granted, I didn't have a clue what i'd use it for when I bought it as i'm normally a dick when it comes to buying gadgets for the sake of it but have found it to be genuinely useful for 90% of the tasks i'd normally lug my laptop down for. Had a Netbook for a while in that role but just found it was wank.
        Last edited by Durbs; 3 March 2011, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
          Its a big iPhone without the phone

Useful if you're a photographer or webdesigner and want to show photos or websites to clients, but just an overpriced toy for anyone else
          not if the website has flash
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Nice to see that the usual morons still think that braying "I don't get it" makes them look clever
            Come on then, what does it do that can't be done already by a cheaper more ergonomically friendly device?

Casual sofa surfing is a given, what else?

I can think of plenty it can’t do, it brings nothing to the table yet it has you all mesmerized like a bunch of drooling goons.

I don't get it.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
            X