• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letters to a Heretic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Is that all? I grew up in Glasgow
    You'll be fine then.

You won't have many folk to talk to, but you should be alright.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      You'll be fine then.

You won't have many folk to talk to, but you should be alright.
      A bit like here then.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

A bit like here then.

A bit, yes.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

If governments (and the IPCC) were serious about the issue (and didn't want to encourage less breeding either) they could get together and make a dash for Thorium. India, Norway, Brazil and the US would be laughing. 3 millions times as much energy per unit mass as coal and a lot less radiation overall. Do they look bovered?

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            You would do well not to disrespect people you know nothing about. Treating them fairly is a basic human norm as well.

Why? I know nothing about you but am fairly sure you're a cretin of the first order.
            And I treat you fairly, by occasionally responded to your inane drivel.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              If governments (and the IPCC) were serious about the issue (and didn't want to encourage less breeding either) they could get together and make a dash for Thorium. India, Norway, Brazil and the US would be laughing. 3 millions times as much energy per unit mass as coal and a lot less radiation overall. Do they look bovered?
              If Thorium is better than Uranium for nuclear fission, why did everybody develop Uranium reactors and nobody develop Thorium reactors?
              Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Why? I know nothing about you but am fairly sure you're a cretin of the first order.
                That is you all over though sas. Drawing conclusions about things you know nothing about. Usually the wrong ones too. Then droning on and on about them as though them having passed through your primitive little collection of Logic Gates somehow bestows some relevance to your findings.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
                  If Thorium is better than Uranium for nuclear fission, why did everybody develop Uranium reactors and nobody develop Thorium reactors?
                  I guess the uranium route was easier, plus uranium reactors made it easy to produce plutonium for making weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    And I treat you fairly, by occasionally responded to your inane drivel.
                    shut it, mono-lobe

(\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I keep asking this question, what's the worst that could happen?
                      I'd say that realistically, the West would be relatively unaffected since we have dull climates... it can get hotter or colder without getting extreme. We might have to adapt but lives are not at risk or overall standard of life. Perhaps more hurricanes in the US. Perhaps parts of Holland and London end up under water but this is gradual and can be managed.

It seems the big potential risks are marginal areas... land turning to desert, rain drying up, etc. Millions are already on a knife-edge of varying sharpness and they don't need much of a push for a calamity even if it is gradual.

The harsh fact is, the question "do we care" figures quite highly... a few £million on red noses isn't really going to cut it if a billion people need to be relocated.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X