• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letters to a Heretic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Well if next winter is going to be as cold as this and last winter, I'm emigrating somewhere warm. Either that or putting some heating on.

Anyone else not used their central heating yet?*

*only open to UK residents
    I never turn my heating off+, it's stays on 24/7, 365*

+ oop north it is cold all year round, summer heatwave is 15 deg C for 2 days.
    *except leap years.

Comment

The question isn't has it been warming, the question is, is the warming natural.

The entire justification of the warming not being natural hinges on Michael Mann's hockey stick, the evidence in the paper using the trick to "hide the decline". i.e the proxies failed to pickup recent warming. Incidentally they also failed to pickup a particularly warm year in the 18th century, so the chances are it failed to pick up the warming 1000 years ago, which from Greenland ice core measurements looks like was a warmer period.

The global warming based on CO2 is complete BS until they can prove it wasn't warmer a 1000 years ago. Fiddling graphs isn't proof.

Their arguments aren't helped by the fact that we've had a solar maximum over the last 50 years, probably as there was 1000 years ago.

All the rest of the research is based on models, or simply observing warming which may be perfectly natural.
      Last edited by BlasterBates; 28 February 2011, 15:33.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

It's a bit nippy in London today, which proves it.

Comment

I'm alright Jack

Comment

That's a red rag to a bull.

One or two will be along in a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Gosh! Thank goodness somebody is on hand to fill us in on what's been in the latest Hindustan Times. For my own copy of the Hindustan Times didn't arrive today - paper boy got a puncture while crossing the Bulgarian border again, I bet.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                Gosh! Thank goodness somebody is on hand to fill us in on what's been in the latest Hindustan Times. For my own copy of the Hindustan Times didn't arrive today - paper boy got a puncture while crossing the Bulgarian border again, I bet.
                Yes no problem, glad to be of service. Interesting opinion though from a member of the IPCC.
                Last edited by BlasterBates; 28 February 2011, 16:20.
                I'm alright Jack

Comment

Has anyone ever said that global warming is a threat to humanity (as a whole, rather than just a threat to some humans)?

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                    Has anyone ever said that global warming is a threat to humanity (as a whole, rather than just a threat to some humans)?
                    The real question is "Does anyone give a sh!t?".

Comment

no, the real question is "should anyone give a sh!t?".

Comment

Working...
                      X