• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid East Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    I wondered where Gaddafi was getting his ideas from.
    From Tony Blair surely
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
      Perhaps you'd rather hear about my woes at the Burton Bradstock Gay Fun Run Shauney
      Oddly enough, I was in Burton Bradstock last saturday sorting a works problem out. The one close to Bridport I assume you mean?
      Didn't see any shirtlifters mind you, or else I'd have run them over!!!!
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        From Tony Blair surely
        Bilderberg
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Bilderberg
          Oh sorry you mean John Major then, trying to currie favour as usual

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            You know that house you live in?

God says it belongs to me. I'll be over to collect next week.
            Reread pedant. Nowhere do I say god says it's there land. My argument is they were there first.

I don't do god, unlike you my trouser rolling friend.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
              Reread pedant. Nowhere do I say god says it's there land. My argument is they were there first.
              You did mention the Torah as evidence that Israel belongs to the Jews which is as good as saying that God gave it to them.

The Israel problem is actually due to the fact that they didn't have their own country there for over 2000 years. Since Israel is originally supposed to have been formed some 4000 years ago it's not been in existence longer than it has.
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                You did mention the Torah as evidence that Israel belongs to the Jews which is as good as saying that God gave it to them.

The Israel problem is actually due to the fact that they didn't have their own country there for over 2000 years. Since Israel is originally supposed to have been formed some 4000 years ago it's not been in existence longer than it has.
                What I said was:

The Torah's far older than any other brainwashing artefact you may care to refer to. It was a Jewish land when the Arabs and the 'West' were still barking at the moon. Yerushalayim has always been seen as the capital of the Kingdom of David.
                If you take from that statement that I'm saying god gave it to them then you're an idiot. Clearly. Either that or deliberately twisting my words.

The Book of Genesis and the Torah are known to predate Christ. Not thought, known. They may be full of pish, but they quite clearly refer to the Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judah. There is no mention of the word Palestine.
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

What I said was:

If you take from that statement that I'm saying god gave it to them then you're an idiot. Clearly. Either that or deliberately twisting my words.

The Book of Genesis and the Torah are known to predate Christ. Not thought, known. They may be full of pish, but they quite clearly refer to the Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of Judah. There is no mention of the word Palestine.
                  Why mention the Torah if you're not going to bring God into the conversation. The Torah is a religious text which may be used along side other historical evidence, I would not accept it as a primary source.

If you're going down this route then maybe you should have a look at America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and all the other countries which have been built on top of other peoples land.
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Can't wait until they storm the palace and start throwing stones at him, just to see the inevitable Sun Pun Headline - Gadaffi duck!

Actually Daffy Duck would have made a great leader, though not quite as wise as Bugs Bunny obviously.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      If you're going down this route then maybe you should have a look at America, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and all the other countries which have been built on top of other peoples land.
                      Quite, it all belongs to Cthulhu really

That which eternal lies, in strange eons even death may die...

Comment

Working...
                      X