• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mid East Crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    No, Top oil producers in millions of barrels per day
    1. Saudi Arabia 10.72 2. Russia 9.67 United States 8.37 4. Iran 4. 5. Mexico 3.71
    So why hasn't Mexico been invaded yet ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      FTFY

Can't understand why this tedious thread is still hanging around like a bad smell either.

Perhaps you'd rather hear about my woes at the Burton Bradstock Gay Fun Run Shauney

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        Perhaps you'd rather hear about my woes at the Burton Bradstock Gay Fun Run Shauney
        I think that might be worth a thread of it's own.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          I think that might be worth a thread of it's own.
          I shall be submitting a full report shortly and I will be available for a full debriefing.

Comment

I shall be submitting a full report shortly and I will be available for a full debriefing.
            Before or after the breakfast turnover?

Comment

debagging

(with a liberal supply of Old Spice aftershave to pour on your goolies )
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Perhaps many of them feel so strongly against Israel for the same reason many non-muslims are so strongly against Israel? Perhaps that is further enhanced because of their own suffering and feeling a connection with other oppressed people?

Can you blame them for their anger? Not only is the west supporting their cruel leaders but constantly supporting (with Billions in "Aid") countries who also pour out their own oppression against other arabs.
                Most people I know are pro Israel rather than Anti. Having been to Israel and quite a few middle eastern countries as well, I know which side I'm on and they don't wear towels on their head.

The Torah's far older than any other brainwashing artefact you may care to refer to. It was a Jewish land when the Arabs and the 'West' were still barking at the moon. Yerushalayim has always been seen as the capital of the Kingdom of David.

Israel has every right to protect their own land in what ever way they see fit.

Sanctions? They are allowed goods which cannot be used against Israel, this includes medicine and food.
                The wall? It serves its purpose, no more suicide bombings

A lot of these problems wouldn't exist if the Arabs hadn't started rattling their sabres in '67. You wouldn't have the issue over East Jerusalem as it would still have been in Jordanian hands. The way Israel see it is tough tulip. They are deliberately building settlements in the east as they are attempting (through peaceful means) to ensure that Jerusalem is seen as a complete Jewish city by the time any peace accord is signed.

Perhaps it would be easier if people knew something about what they commented on. Too many leftist tree huggers will have you believe Israel bad and everything Arab good. Well that's not quite how it works. You visit Jerusalem and you'll find that the Israelis actually cede authority and management of the temple mount to the Islamic Waqf (google them AssG as no doubt you haven't a clue) and again as an other example of bending over to the Arabs, the only people allowed to pray on the mount are muslims. No matter it is religiously relevant to three religions.

Read the following article, it disproves most of the BBC crap that the left spout over here:

http://www.solomonstemple.com/2010/1...-on-jerusalem/

Try visiting Israel sometime and being objective. I did and I crossed quite freely into the West Bank and certainly didn't see much evidence of an oppressed, impoverished people there.

Israel wants to get on by itself, the Arabs just want to destroy Israel. Who's the aggressor?
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                  Most people I know are pro Israel rather than Anti. Having been to Israel and quite a few middle eastern countries as well, I know which side I'm on and they don't wear towels on their head.

The Torah's far older than any other brainwashing artefact you may care to refer to. It was a Jewish land when the Arabs and the 'West' were still barking at the moon. Yerushalayim has always been seen as the capital of the Kingdom of David.

Sanctions? They are allowed goods which cannot be used against Israel, this includes medicine and food.
                  The wall? It serves its purpose, no more suicide bombings

A lot of these problems wouldn't exist if the Arabs hadn't started rattling their sabres in '67. You wouldn't have the issue over East Jerusalem as it would still have been in Jordanian hands. The way Israel see it is tough tulip. They are deliberately building settlements in the east as they are attempting (through peaceful means) to ensure that Jerusalem is seen as a complete Jewish city by the time any peace accord is signed.

Perhaps it would be easier if people knew something about what they commented on. Too many leftist tree huggers will have you believe Israel bad and everything Arab good. Well that's not quite how it works. You visit Jerusalem and you'll find that the Israelis actually cede authority and management of the temple mount to the Islamic Waqf (google them AssG as no doubt you haven't a clue) and again as an other example of bending over to the Arabs, the only people allowed to pray on the mount are muslims. No matter it is religiously relevant to three religions.

Read the following article, it disproves most of the BBC crap that the left spout over here:

http://www.solomonstemple.com/2010/1...-on-jerusalem/

Try visiting Israel sometime and being objective. I did and I crossed quite freely into the West Bank and certainly didn't see much evidence of an oppressed, impoverished people there.

Israel wants to get on by itself, the Arabs just want to destroy Israel. Who's the aggressor?
                  You know that house you live in?

God says it belongs to me. I'll be over to collect next week.

Comment

The Israel thing is a red herring. The Arabs real agenda is to figure out how to rid themselves of the Palestinians on their soil. They have shuffled them around for decades on the premise that Israel would be gone. When that didn't happen they tell them they will get right of return. That won't happen either.

I get the feeling that a lot on Israel is just stirred up by the politicians as way to partially legitimize themselves, or to gain re-election.

What maybe a problem for Israel in the future is that this could lead - if all the countries leaders do fall - to a re-establishment of a sort of Khalifat. but that could be decades away. Israel itself shouldn't be too worried though...a few nukes tossed over will sort'em out anyway.

I wondered where Gaddafi was getting his ideas from.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Gadaffi latest:

A defiant and angry Col Gaddafi said that he had brought glory to Libya. As he had no official position in Libya from which to resign, he would remain the head of the revolution, he said
                      The protesters had been given drink and drugs, he said, frequently shouting and banging his fist on the table as the address continued.

He called on "those who love Muammar Gaddafi" to come on to the streets in support of him, telling them not to be afraid of the "gangs".

"Come out of your homes, attack them in their dens. Withdraw your children from the streets. They are drugging your children, they are making your children drunk and sending them to hell," he said.

"If matters require, we will use force, according to international law and the Libyan constitution," and warned that the country could descend into civil war if protests continued.
                      BBC News - Defiant Gaddafi refuses to quit amid Libya protests

How the flip do people like this get into power in the first place?

This is not going end well..
                      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                      X