• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chavs in Britain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    England has Chavs, Scotland has Neds, so what are they called in Wales ?
    The Welsh
    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
      The Welsh
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

I'd ignore the simplistic idea that immigration is a one-for-one cause of unemployment. The job market is not a fixed-size cake, to be cut into slices of a given size, where more consumers of the cake would mean smaller slices or some going without. An immigrant does not just take a job, he increases the size of the economy, which means more wealth which means more jobs.
        Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

Earlier on in this thread, before it veered off in to the usual unpleasantness with name calling and other childishness, the word "Tokkie" was brought up.

Feeling somewhat adventurorus, I decided to investigate.

I can only deduce that Tokkie is probably Dutch for "Pirate Queen", and in the picture above, the Matriarch of the Pirate family is lecturing her crew, in this case, a young scally sailoress, on how to plunder more lucre on the high seas of benefit entitlement, by probably getting herself "laiden with child".
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            As if you, in you 20,000 posts, have ever demonstrated any competence in either. I've posted many posts containing numerical calculations, any of which were open to be critiqued by you or anyone else. But you stick to your bultuliping posts where your expertise lays.

While you bring the issue up. Not once in the time I have been on here have I seen you attempt to answer any quantitative problem posed here, and yet you claim to be doing a Masters in Mathematics or some such. How academic standards have slipped.
            Perhaps I lost interest in your posts after your bone-headed insistence that Newton's "Laws" were in fact laws, thus revealing a profound ignorance of how science works.

And for your information I come on here to be entertained not to educate you or help you understand why your simple-minded "quantitiative" arguments are wrong.
            In spite of my full time job, I am indeed doing a MSc in Finanacial Maths, mostly for fun.
            As you have rather more time than I have, may I suggest you do something as constructive? It will be a problem with your intellect, but with tenacity and persistence you may achieve a good A-level standard.

HTH
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
              I'd ignore the simplistic idea that immigration is a one-for-one cause of unemployment. The job market is not a fixed-size cake, to be cut into slices of a given size, where more consumers of the cake would mean smaller slices or some going without. An immigrant does not just take a job, he increases the size of the economy, which means more wealth which means more jobs.
              Precisely - its not a zero-sum game.
              Some people find immigrants are a convenient scape-goat to blame for their own failings, however.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Perhaps I lost interest in your posts after your bone-headed insistence that Newton's "Laws" were in fact laws, thus revealing a profound ignorance of how science works.
                No, you called them Newton's approximations, and I said they were called Newtons' Laws (of motion). It's what they are called. There's no need to get hung up about the word, there are probably no physical theories that are exact.

Comment

An immigrant does not just take a job, he increases the size of the economy, which means more wealth which means more jobs.
                  Quite true, eventually. Whether those of low skills and generally poorer health increase what really matters, income per head, is highly unlikely. That ridiculous 2001 Home Office study that took account of not a single cost or downside made the advantage only about £650 per head per annum. Whether those who have poor English, a resistance to integration and some very unnaceptable third world ideas improve our society is even more so.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                  X