• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Immigration officer exiles wife **WARNING - BIOHAZARD**

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Mich the Tester; Today at 15:43. Reason: better pic

Not actually better...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Permit me to take remedial measures.

Here's Monica B;
      Cheeky bit of digestive there I think.
      Last edited by administrator; 16 February 2011, 21:12. Reason: The Milf clean up continues...
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
        Cheeky bit of digestive there I think.
        If people can please keep on quoting the post with the picture from the site that contains malware, we should be able to get all the Windows users infected before the mods can clean it up

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Right you bastids. I'm adding a health warning to the title so I never have to suffer this again. My poor sodding eyes.
          Never mind yer eyes, RH - it wasn't Ann who gave you all the pox!
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

They're still bastids. Hazel Blears - if she was born before the Manhattan Project she'd be the World's first WMD.

Strangely prophetic alteration of the title though.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Never mind yer eyes, RH - it wasn't Ann who gave you all the pox!
              You're right:

She has never married nor had any children. In November 2007 on BBC Radio 4 she described how a journalist once produced a profile on her with the assumption that she had had at least "one sexual relationship", to which Widdecombe replied: "Be careful, that's the way you get sued". When interviewer Jenni Murray asked if she had ever had a sexual relationship, Widdecombe laughed "it's nobody else's business".
              Ann Widdecombe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
              Clean as a whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

The article picture (NSFW) is not of his wife, unfortunately.
                That's a classic, somewhat like the House of Commons clerk back in the 1840s.

Before 1865 a divorce needed an Act of Parliament, and this guy had the idea of popping into the most boring bill he could find, to be read at 2am when the handful of MPs present would be pissed as newts, a brief clause divorcing his wife. I think it worked too.

Google let me down on this occasion, but I made up a similar example using the Railways Clauses Consolidation (Scotland) Act 1845

Subject to the provisions and restrictions in this and the special Act, and any Act incorporated therewith, it shall be lawful for the company, for the purpose of constructing the railway, or the accommodation works connected therewith, herein-after mentioned, to execute any of the following works; (that is to say, They may make or construct, in, upon, across, under, or over any lands, or any . . . F1, hills, valleys, roads, railroads, or tramroads, rivers, canals, brooks, streams, or other waters, within the lands described in the said plans, or mentioned in the said books of reference or any correction thereof, such temporary or permanent inclined planes, tunnels, embankments, aqueducts, bridges, roads, ways, passages, conduits, drains, piers, arches, cuttings, and fences, as they think proper; George Sykes is hereby divorced from his wife. They may alter the course of any rivers not navigable, canals, brooks, streams, or watercourses, and of any branches of navigable rivers, such branches not being themselves navigable, within such lands, for the purpose of constructing and maintaining tunnels, bridges, passages, or other works over or under the same, and divert or alter, as well temporarily as permanently, the course of any such rivers or streams of water, [F2or roads], or raise or sink the level of any such rivers or streams, [F2or roads], in order the more conveniently to carry the same over or under or by the side of the railway, as they may think proper.
                See if you can spot it.
                Last edited by OwlHoot; 17 February 2011, 00:20.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  That's a classic, somewhat like the House of Commons clerk back in the 1840s.

Before 1865 a divorce needed an Act of Parliament, and this guy had the idea of popping into the most boring bill he could find, to be read at 2am when the handful of MPs present would be pissed as newts, a brief clause divorcing his wife. I think it worked too.

Google let me down on this occasion, but I made up a similar example using the Railways Clauses Consolidation (Scotland) Act 1845

See if you can spot it.
                  I'm reminded of software licence agreements and other agreements you're supposed to read before agreeing to, e.g. those sent by banks, insurance policies, etc, who provide page upon page of densely packed and mostly extraneous and boring material that would take a monumental effort to read through at the level of concentration needed to spot anything pertinent or vital. It might take hours. So that most people probably give up before even trying, which those companies are well aware of of course. I gather Feynman used to read insurance agreements (or something of that ilk) for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

.. I gather Feynman used to read insurance agreements (or something of that ilk) for fun.
                    Richard Feynman also consulted at the clientco where I'm starting a new gig next week. I wonder if I'll get his old office.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X