• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Favourite Piece of Classical Music

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overture to Tanhauser

YouTube - Wagner: Tannhauser Overture (Solti) 1/2
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ma Vlast - Smetena
      Beer
      is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I like Blue Danube as mentioned above. Another great Strauss is the nun's chorus.

YouTube - Johann Strauss II: The Nun's Chorus
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Bach's Tocatta and Fugue - on an organ. In fact just about anything by Bach.

And Vivaldi of course. Concerto For Two Mandolins In G Major, mmmm.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Rachmaninov's second piano concerto for me, closely followed by his third. Generally enjoy most Chopin too, esp Nocturne in E flat major:

beautiful
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Binary Sunset:

YouTube - Star Wars - Binary Sunset (Episode IV. - A New Hope)

Comment

Prokofiev. My son is practising for a competition, so it's a good job I like it. Not sure which bit he's playing but it's 10 minutes long.

Then, for light relief, he does Firth of Fifth, by Tony Banks (Genesis).
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

La gazza Ladra (Thieving Magpie)

What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

The Lacrimosa from Mozarts Requiem Mass.

You need to turn your dial all the way up to 11 to appreciate it in full though.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      WHS

I like most stuff but the piece that makes all the hair stand up on the back of my neck is O Fortuna (I think thats what it's called) from Carmina Burana.
                      I used to think they were singing "a force for evil", perhaps because it was the exorcist theme tune (and All Spice). There's a website where people attach amusing lyrics to classical songs being sung by Johnny foreigner.

Comment

Working...
                      X