• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Got my USA car hire sorted.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    do a few circuits of the car hire car park before you hit the new jersey turnpike
    I thought he was going to Florida?

Comment

Be careful when leaving the car hire depot as muggers/car jackers do tend to see you as an easy target.

Be aware that as soon as the car starts moving the doors will lock.

Comment

And the foot-operated parking brake spooked me, especially in San Francisco. Not a great place to have to learn to hill-start all over again...
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          And the foot-operated parking brake spooked me, especially in San Francisco. Not a great place to have to learn to hill-start all over again...
          Is this like the Mercedes C class foot brake?

When in Cape Town, car jacking centre of the world when I wanted a cheapo looking car I got upgraded to a 3 series BMW automatic that kept stalling for want of a darned good service. Soon learned to master an auto when fight or flight kicked in when we konked out in a ghetto called Woodstock.... Every bit as bad as it sounds. Espeically when in the car with a freaking out mother!

Comment

No idea... I don't know if automatics have a foot "handbrake" as standard or only some models, we'd never heard of it and were a bit confused for a minute or two trying to leave the airport
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
            X