• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Truly stupid people and how to cope with them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    is it just me who read the title and thought "that is not a nice thing to say just before you go home for the weekend" ?
    You're getting confused with Mrs SY's posts on mumsnet.

HTH

Comment

Have you tried this self help video?

What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        PS. What does this mean? Do you mean you need another 2 x as much resource?
        Really?!
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          Really?!
          Yes, really.

I would take "I am 300% resourced at the moment" to mean he has 200% more resource than he needs. But it cannot be what he means because he's complaining. So I asked what he means by it.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
            Yes, really.

I would take "I am 300% resourced at the moment" to mean he has 200% more resource than he needs. But it cannot be what he means because he's complaining. So I asked what he means by it.
            You are right you pedantic sod.

<changes down a gear for the thicky>

If I was in one of your gantt charts you cowboy PMs hide behind, I would be on 3 critical paths in parallel, assigned 100% to each.

</changes down a gear for the thicky>
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I make a point of avoiding SY01's threads, but the thread title is too good to miss.

I find the key to dealing with Truly stupid people and how to cope with them is the trusty ignore list. It cuts down on the constant "look at me" spam volume dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
                I make a point of avoiding SY01's threads, but the thread title is too good to miss.

I find the key to dealing with Truly stupid people and how to cope with them is the trusty ignore list. It cuts down on the constant "look at me" spam volume dramatically.
                You regularly peak under the ignores list where I'm concerned, and secretly harbour an admiration for me. Your timely response to this post will prove this.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  I find this sort of thing cures many problems in the interpersonal relations field:

he he

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I find this sort of thing cures many problems in the interpersonal relations field:

Effective, but don't you find it costs a fortune in minigun ammunition? It also tends to cheese off the local coppers.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      You are right you pedantic sod.

<changes down a gear for the thicky>

If I was in one of your gantt charts you cowboy PMs hide behind, I would be on 3 critical paths in parallel, assigned 100% to each.

</changes down a gear for the thicky>
                      Well, stop buggering about with jargon you don't understand (it's Gantt, BTW) and say what you mean: you've got three things to do and only one pair of hands.

So you're gonna slip & fail. tulip happens.

Oooohhh.... you didn't tell the management you're "resourced @ 300%", did you? You'll lose some bodies off your team + get more work to do.

Try this site.

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X